Chapter 22 - Dangerous bonds

Jen's POV

I groaned as my eyes fluttered open. "Ahh I feel like shit", I grumbled as I slowly blinked adjusting to the bright light seeping through my blinds. I rubbed my head, wincing as I touched the sensitive spot where Almos hit me. Wait! I shot up from bed so fast the room spun.

There is actually a mark, a physical mark, I thought panicky. I stumbled out of bed and looked in the mirror. I actually looked like I had fought Almos and glared at the bump at the back of my head.

" Things just got a whole lot more complicated", I sighed. I raised my right hand and concentrated. My hand glowed white and I gently placed my hand on the bump. Not many could heal using spirit, not even my spirit teacher could but Talia could and she helped me use it.

I sighed in relief as the bump disappeared. I jumped when I heard my phone buzz. I picked it up and sighed in annoyance.

We need to talk immediately, I'll be outside your house in ten minutes.
Derrick.

What does he want, I doubt he knows that my encounter with Almos was not as successful as planned, I thought. I do want to see him though, I thought and I sighed. " Well better get ready", I grumbled as I hurried to the bathroom to get ready.

I waited in the lounge room as I waited. Jaz sat talking to a friend over the phone, making a flower appear and disappear for amusement. I pointed a finger at the flower and burnt it. I smirked at my sister as she turned to scowl at me. She was about to retaliate when there was a knock on the front door.

Saved! I poked my tongue out at Jaz before hurrying to open the door. "Hey, what was so important to talk to me about on Saturday, can't it wait until Monday", I asked as I greeted Derrick.

" No, you ready?", Derrick asked. I looked at him closer and frowned. He looked horrible and he had a burn on his upper right arm. What?

" Yeah, just let me get my bag", I said and hurried back to the lounge room. " I'm going now, tell mum and dad I don't know when I'll be back but to not worry", I said to Jaz.

" Yeah whatever, just go Elemental", grumbled Jaz rolling her eyes. I glared at her before heading to the front door. Derrick was staring at the sky, leaning against the door frame when I reappeared.

" Let's go", I said smiling. He nodded and lead the way to his car. "I didn't know you had your license", I asked as he silently opened the passenger door for me.

"Only just got it but I just use my energy to get me places if I can help it", shrugged Derrick.

" What do you mean", I asked as he slid into the driver side and buckled up. I copied him, placing my bag near my feet.

" Well they're very advance techniques but my teacher wanted to make sure I knew them so yeah", shrugged Derrick.

" That didn't really answer my question", I smirked and he rolled his eyes.

He sighed and I smirked as he gave in.
" Well basically it's like how you can make weapons out of your powers so like that fire sword our teacher is teaching you but it's different, I make my energy power attach to me like an extra body part", explained Derrick.

I scrunched my nose up in confusion. That didn't really make sense, how could you morph your power onto you besides making a weapon, that would take a lot of energy.

" That would take a lot of energy but how does that help you get places", I pressed.

" I use my power to fly obviously", smirked Derrick as he shifted the gear into drive and drove off.