Chapter 26 - Planning a rescue

" So Sam is gone", I asked to reassure what I heard was true. " Kidnapped?", I asked.

Miss Light nodded sadly and I just sat there, forcing the tears back and sitting numbly while my friends also took in the news. Lilly was crying, hiding her face behind her pale hands. The room's temperature dropping due to Lilly's emotions and not controlling her ice powers.

Trent waved his hand and the temperature returned to normal, shaking his head sadly at Lilly.

" So what happens now", Derrick asked, staring intently at Miss Light. Miss Light was about to reply but I stopped her.

" We go after him, we find Sam and deal with Almos, save Sam and speed up this stupid prophecy, let's get rid of Almos", I said jumping up from my chair.

" Sit down child, it's not so simple", said Alice. I glared at her, crossing my arms over my chest.

" I am no child and it is simple, we save Sam and deal with Almos, isn't that what you want", I asked.

" We can't risk you to fall into Almos's hands Jennifer, you or Derrick, it would be speeding up the prophecy in his favour", said Alice calmly.

" We don't even know all of the prophecy so I don't see how it can", I said angrily.

" No Jennifer, I think I speak for everyone that it is too risky, we will send a small police force to rescue Sam in the near future, for now just stick with your studies for now but we won't leave Sam behind, I promise", said Miss Light.

I stared at Miss Light, in shock. Was she serious, not go after Sam straight away? " You can't be serious", I yelled raising my hands in the air. The leaders looked at me calmly while Miss Light sighed sadly.

" You are too important and Almos did this just to try and get you, so yes I am serious, you are staying here", said Miss Light. "You can only come here and back home, no where else, got it Jennifer", said Miss Light seriously.

" But who knows what he is doing to Sam, what about his parents, they will be worried sick", I screamed.

" I have told his parents, they are worried yes but they agree that if you were to go after him, it would be a disaster, you are staying here and I think you should leave, head back to class everyone", said Miss Light, a tinge of anger in her voice.

" No but I...", I began but Derrick yanked me away.

" Come on Jen, you aren't going to win this argument, come on", grumbled Derrick, pulling me out of Miss Light's office.

Once we were all out and the door shut behind us, I yanked free from Derrick's hold and turned to face him and my friends. " What the hell Derrick, so you agree with them, that we should wait like obedient dogs, well I don't!", I growled.

" No I don't agree with them, I know it will be dangerous but I think we should go", said Derrick.

" Wait, you want to save Sam", I asked, surprised.

I thought Derrick only tolerated Sam and I knew that Sam held some dislike towards Derrick, I didn't know why but now I do. He felt threatened by Derrick because Derrick was interested in me, how I could of been so blind, I had no idea. Then again I have always been in my own little world, I never payed attention to how people reacted towards me most of the time.

" Sam is your friend and I know how much he means to you guys and he's grown on me", smiled Derrick. I felt myself smiling at Derrick and rushed to give him a hug. I was so overcome with emotion as I squeezed him.

I know things between Derrick and I are still weird, what with everything that has happened and what Derrick has told me but I was thankful. He was willing to help Sam just because of me. I wonder if this is what the prophecy meant but then shook that thought away. No, focus on Sam, prophecy later. I've started to realise to let things play out, don't force them, less stress that way.

Hidden PowersOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara