Chapter 25 - Loss

Lilly and I walked slowly towards Miss Light's office. We couldn't rush with the crowded hallways of all the students heading to their classes. "Why does Miss Light need me, I understand you and Derrick but why me and Talia", Lilly whispered to me.

Miss Light had gone ahead and we struggled to catch up but I knew where her office was, I'd been there enough times to remember it. " Its Sam too, if he is at school", I grumbled.

" Yeah but it still doesn't make sense", said Lilly.

" Well, I think she knows I told you guys about the prophecy and the unknown element, so maybe she's getting all of us up to speed about something, maybe about Almos", I suggested, shrugging. Honestly I really wasn't in the mood to worry what was to come.

What else could be thrown at me. I've got a long lost brother or something or Almos is actually my father and my family is a lie. I was amused by the thought, thinking of star wars briefly before scoffing quietly to myself. My life may be full on and hectic at the moment but its not that far fetched.

" Yeah maybe but you would tell us anyway, she doesn't really need to bother", said Lilly worriedly. " What if something terrible had happened", Lilly asked.

"Chill Lilly, it's going to be fine", I said smirking realising the pun I had made. You know, since she can control snow and ice.

Lilly rolled her eyes at the poor pun but she smiled nonetheless.  I was still dwelling over what Amber said in class and afterwards. I got a sinking feeling in my stomach when I thought about the looming exams and Amber's warning. Not to mention the prophecy, Almos and the unknown element.

I sighed, it was only my first year at Talentos High and I felt like leaving but I couldn't. I couldn't let anyone down, not my friends, my family, teachers and Derrick. I honestly wish I could turn back time sometimes or go back to a few months ago when my biggest worry was fitting in without any powers. How time flies and things change.

I am part of a prophecy, I've made new friends and I've already made enemies.  It's predicted that I still have to figure what my last element is, 'my own power within', so to speak, the unknown element. In the pass few months, I've changed so much, what else can phase me.

" Well, whatever it is, let's find out, we're here", said Lilly. I was startled to find we were already in front of Miss Light's office. The doors looming before us wearily.

I sighed as I helped Lilly to open the doors. I was surprised with what I saw. The talented leaders were sitting patiently on seats looking out of place in the room. Talia and Derrick were already there, awkwardly sitting across from the leaders. I couldn't see Sam anywhere so maybe he was sick. Or he really wanted to avoid you Jen, I thought.

Miss Light was already seated at her desk and she smiled brightly as we entered but it didn't reach her eyes.
" About time you arrived, I thought you were right behind me", Miss Light asked.

" We were but it was crowded so we lost you", I mumbled.

" That's ok, have a seat we have some good news but we also have some bad news", said Miss Light, her smile instantly disappearing.

My stomach dropped at the mention of bad news but I shook it off. Maybe the good news would outweigh the bad, I thought. I sat next to the spare seat next to Lilly and waited.

" I invited the other leaders to help share the news and discuss our next move that affects all of you", said Miss Light.

" I know Jen and Derrick has discussed the prophecy and the unknown element with you which means you are officially involved", said Miss Light.

" What about Sam?", Lilly asked. Miss Light ignored her which was strange and rude in my opinion.

" Since you are involved being Jen's and Derrick's friends, I and the other leaders have agreed that you can help figure out the prophecy and if needed help stop Almos", said Miss Light.

" I'm not sure how my powers will help but I will be happy to help", said Talia smiling.

" Your powers are amazing Talia, don't doubt yourself", I said smiling at my friend. She smiled back at me warmly before we turned our attention back to Miss Light.

Miss Light smiled at us warmly but her eyes looked sad, there was no light like there usually was in her pale blue eyes. "Yes well it has come to our attention that Almos has been more active then invading others dreams", said Miss Light.

" What do you mean, I haven't had any dreams from Almos for a little while now, have you Derrick", I asked. Derrick shook his head avoiding eye contact with me.

I frowned but let it go as I focused back on to Miss Light. " I know that but he has been targeting other people, he contacted me just last night but that is besides the point", Miss Light said, frowning.

I was shocked. Almos was communicating with more people? Why? What did he have to gain by tormenting others when it is me and Derrick he wants.

" Okay, so Almos has been more active, what is the good news then", I asked.

" Oh that wasn't the bad news but the good news is that we have located where Almos is hiding", said Miss Light.

" Really?", I asked, my eyes widening. Miss Light nodded and nodded towards the lady with the nature and mind powers. What was her name again, I thought. Umm Alice I think.

Alice frowned but nodded. " Yes I have discovered where Almos is by searching many minds untill I pinpointed the very promising location of where he is", said Alice. " Also from yours and Derrick's description of your dreams with him and the minds I read, I am positive he is there", said Alice.

" That's great, where is he?", I asked.

" He is at an abandoned and very old mansion called Vendetta mansion", said Alice " It used to be own by a very wealthy yet dangerous Italian gang but it was abandoned seven years ago", said Alice.

" Well great, at least we know where he is", I said. Even though the place sounds horrible, I thought. " So what now", I asked.

All the leaders looked at each, sharing a silent conversation with each other. " It depends on what we tell you next, the bad news", said Miss Light.

" Well what is it?", I asked impatiently. Miss Light sighed, her eyes sad and lips turned down in a worried frown.

" There is no easy way to say this to you all, so I'll just say it", said Miss Light.

" Over the weekend, I got a call from some concerned parents and then Alice called me about Almos location", said Miss Light. " The reason why Alice was successful was the fact of why Almos has suddenly become more active", said Miss Light.

" He took him, Almos took him", said Miss Light.

" Took who?", I asked but my stomach sank. Who did Almos take?

" I'm sorry to say this but Sam is gone, Almos took him as he traveled back home, Alice who was on alert at that time caught Sam's distressing thoughts and managed to look through his eyes briefly before her connection was suddenly cut off", said Miss Light.

" What!", I asked. " Sam's been kidnapped? ", I asked shocked.

" I'm sorry but yes Almos has Sam, I'm sorry you guys", said Miss Light. I glanced at my friends in shock who mirrored my expression. The leaders looked at us sadly all except the lady with the yin and yang powers, I found out her name was Alissa. She was just sitting there with a blank expression except for eyes. They had a strange glint in them which I did not like one bit.

Sam is gone, I thought as I sucked in a sharp breath as I felt tears start to form. He's been kidnapped and it's all my fault.

A/N:
And here's another chapter for you guys. Sorry about the cliffhanger but I just couldn't help myself. You'll find out what will happen next soon. Ahh I feel bad for what I've done to Sam, he just can't catch a break, the poor guy. But this is start of unraveling the prophecy.

Vote and comment guys, I really appreciate it!

I'll update soon, hang in there. :)

Cheers Jordan.