S2 Chapter 26

The mansion was filled with guests. The marriage has been done in the morning in the temple in front of close family and friends. Now there was small reception which was actually held for the media people to know as they were not allowed in the marriage.

Avinash and Anamika just wanted to get it done by giving a statement. But the brothers didn't let them to. This was the first function happening in their family and they didn't wanted to go let it go unnoticed by others. So they arranged for the reception.

Avinash and Anamika was standing on the stage receiving the guests. Both of them were smiling for everyone for inside their hearts they knew it was fake. Even if they decided to give the time to tell answers about their relationship it was tough to maintain the facade of being happy.

After sometime the guests were escorted for the dinner. Avinash and Anamika sighed in relief and came down. They both were exhausted very much. Avinash was also agitated that Sid will not be able to endure the crowd. He wanted to check on him. Shankar promised him to take care of sid but his heart was telling him to go to him.

Ana: Avi...I will be back in 5 minutes....

Avi: what's wrong Ana...

Ana: i just want to use washroom...i will be back....she said and left from there. Avinash turned to ask for sid when Karthick and Karan approached him with a smile. Avinash smiled at them.

Karan: congratulations sir....have a happy married life...he said trying to ease out the situation. Karan was somewhere guilty that he was the reason for this marriage. If he would have listened to Karthick that day, he wouldn't have done that prank and that press meet wouldn't have been held  which resulted in this marriage.

Karthick: congrats sir...he said in low voice clutching to Karan's dress.

Avinash looked at him and patted his head.

Avi: call be bhai Karthick....u are too small to address me as sir....

Karthick looked back at Karan for permission. Karan smiled and nodded in ok.

Karthick: ok bhai...

Avinash: thats my good boy...how is school going and ur new house....

Karthick: it's really so good bhai...the neighbour aunty so kind...she let me play with her dog in the evening and she gave me evening snacks all the day and told me to stay in her house till bhaiya comes back home....

Avinash: acha....u liked her...

Karthick: haa...she is so kind and loving...I love her so much....

Avinash smiled at his innocence. He remembered the lady who was his employees mother. His employee passed away a year ago leaving his only family. So Avinash offered her to stay in the house they used to and the pension money of his employee was enough for her living. But the loneliness she felt was unbearable. So only he offered Karan and Karthick to live in the house next to her so she will get company and also the boys will get a mother's warmth.

Karthick: where is siddharth bhaiya...he asked looking around.

Avinash also looked around and his eyes fell on the far corner where Sid was sitting on a chair with his head hung down. Abhishek was standing beside coaxing him for something. Aadhvik was beside Abhishek. Karthicks face bloomed seeing them. He quickly ran towards them while Karan and Avinash followed him.

Sid felt overwhelmed by the crowd. He was not ready for this. Even if Shankar and Thomas was with him he felt scared of the strangers. Whenever someone approached him and even some strangers were passing him by he stepped back in fear. He didn't wanted to come here but Anamika asked him to and he couldn't deny as always..Shreya promised him to be with him but she was no where to bee seen since Anirudh called her.