chapter five;

CHAPTER FIVE

WHEN YOU ARE YOUNG THEY ASSUME YOU KNOW NOTHING

WHEN YOU ARE YOUNG
THEY ASSUME YOU KNOW NOTHING

31ST OCTOBER 1993

IT WAS THE LAST DAY OF October when the first Hogsmead weekend came up and Harry found himself miserable when Professor McGonagall wouldn't sign his paper.

He had accompanied his friends to the entrance hall before he would go back inside to finish some homework.

"Staying here, Potter?" He heard Malfoy shouting, who was standing in line with Crabbe and Goyle. The absence of the Black girl stood out to him. "Scared of passing the dementors?"

Harry ignored him and made his solitary way up the marble staircase, through the deserted corridors. He climbed a staircase, thinking vaguely of visiting the Owlery to see Hedwig, and was walking along another corridor.

He didn't expect to run into Athena, quite literally.

Her unnaturally perfect nose was buried into a large book, so when they collided, it fell down with a loud clack sound.

"Watch it!" she snapped at him reflexively.

"Sorry," he huffed, bending down to pick up her book. Mythology, he read absently.

Athena snatched it from him roughly. She seemed to be in a bad mood. Her pale skin was more blanched, her hair lazily made into a ponytail and there were eye bags under her eyes telling him she didn't get a wink of sleep.

Then he blinked, wondering when he got so observant of her.

"Nosy prat," she muttered.

Harry's face fell into annoyance, „What are you even doing here? Too busy for Hogsmeade, your highness?"

„No, Potter," she gave him a glare at his mocking tone, „Vermin didn't sign your paper?"

He stared at her for a moment, trying to think who she meant. Athena—whether she did that on purpose or not—always came up with different names for people.

Harry himself was dubbed as Henry, Harvey and Harrison for the first two years.

The last one might've been the closest to his name he was ever going to get from her.

„Vernon," he mumbled, tempting to hit himself on the forehead, „He didn't, but thank you for your concern."

She scoffed, „The day I start caring for you is the day my cousin grows a brain."