chapter fifteen;

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

I WASN'T BORN TO BE SOFT AND QUIET, I WAS BORN TO MAKE THE WORLD SHAKE AT MY FINGERTIPS !

5TH JUNE 1994

TO THE GRUMPIEST PERSON I KNOW,

Hi! I hope you've had a good summer so far. Mine was great, my parents and I went to Greece for a change. I told them all about the mythology stuff I learned from you.

Dennis liked the story about the Big Three.

And Thank you for the new camera! It's so cool to finally have a magical one!

I didn't think you would remember my birthday, but then again, you have a great memory. Makes me think how weird it is that you forget the names of people so often.

Being thirteen is so fun—

Athena sighed, going over some parts briefly as she laid with her head upside down on the bed. Colin's letters were usually large, involving every activity of the day, every book he finished and every family gossip he heard.

Is it normal to have weird dreams about girls in my age? I tried to ask Harry, but he scribbled some words I couldn't read.

She blinked slowly.

Colin had turned thirteen last week. Thirteen.

Athena rubbed her forehead in bewilderment, wondering what the hell he asked Potter for—despite the obvious idolisation. She thought he knew Potter was a lost cause in—well—this kind of subject. Biology and girls.

She also didn't want to know what he scribbled about, the possibility of him fancying her was still high on the chances.

Athena looked at the letter on her bedside table that came with a snowy white owl at three in the morning seemingly only on a whim, still debating whether or not she should throw it away.

Salem, the Kneazle she got two months ago, made a soft sound. She was sitting on her bed too, directly next to her. Nuzzling her nose in her chest, she moved towards the door.

Another sigh and Athena sat up with her head straight, pausing a moment to let the blood flow through before standing to make her way downstairs. It was already 10 a.m. She had been awake for a few hours already.