chapter twenty-eight;

YOUR GIRL IS A SOLDIER, AND HER MOUTH STILL TASTES OF FEAR AND BLOOD, DUST, FIRE, HOME AND BATTLEFIELD

JANUARY 22TH 1995

„HEY," AN IRRITATING VOICE CALLED OUT, „hey, Athena, wait up!"

Athena stilled, frowning deeply as she walked out of the Charms class. Theodore seemed to share her annoyance in contrast to Daphne, who immediately dropped whatever conversation she was having to beam and wave at Apollo.

The seventeen year old had leaned against the wall next to the class door and Athena hoped if she ignored him he wouldn't say anything. She hated being wrong. He ran after her.

Although was surprised her was that he waited for her lesson to be over.

Athena furrowed her eyebrows. She didn't realize he knew her schedule.

The only ones who knew were Theodore, who was weird enough to have it mesmerized, and Draco since he practically had the same.

„I, uh," Apollo nodded awkwardly in greeting to Theodore's glare and smiled at Daphne before he turned back to her, „I need to talk to you. Privately, if you can."

„Can't," Athena made sure to give him her sweetest—fakest, smile, „I have to go check on my cousin."

Apollo seemed deeply saddened by this, but Athena noted the flash of emotion through his weird eyes. She wondered which one it was.

„Oh, then... see you later, I guess."

„Yeah," she replied flatly.

Then Athena caught Potter's eyes across the corridor, who tilted his head in the right direction and gestured for her to follow him. She noted the lack of map on him, because normally he had his hands in his pockets all the time to make sure it was still there.

Athena turned to Theodore briefly, giving him a look before she glanced at a dazed Daphne. He sighed and nodded, so Athena made her way to the abandoned classroom on this floor.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

„Moody has my map," Potter said this very nervously like he expected her to blow up.

Athena accidentally made a strangled noise, her eye twitching at him, „...Oh."

„It was just, he was nice and I felt like I owed him a favour," he explained this to her like it mattered, „he helped me get away from Snape."