chapter thirteen;

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

SHE WEARS STRENGTH AND DARKNESS EQUALLY WELL, THE GIRL HAS ALWAYS BEEN HALF GODDESS, HALD HELL

SHE WEARS STRENGTH AND DARKNESS EQUALLY WELL, THE GIRL HAS ALWAYS BEEN HALF GODDESS, HALD HELL."

9TH JUNE 1994

„PETER," ARTEMIS SAID IN A TONE OF resentment for the rat person.

Her old friend shook visibly at the sight of her. Artemis wondered if the man remembered the secret he entrusted him. After all, he was the one who babbled to Voldemort.

„You're alive," he breathed with rotten breath worse than Sirius' was.

Remus and Sirius moved to stand in front of her with equal looks of hatred. Artemis laughed, although it lacked her usual humour.

„Yes, well, you should've known I'm not that easy to kill," she replied in a dangerous tone, trying hard not to glance over to her daughter who hadn't been looking into her eyes since she transformed into her human form.

Artemis knew she couldn't fault her. Who knew how she would react to such news at that age?

Probably more childish.

She glanced at Remus, her old friend. One of her first friends. Artemis was glad he didn't seem to detest her after she had been gone for so long. He certainly had a better reaction than Sirius did when she first showed up to him.

"We've been having a little chat, Peter, about what happened the night Lily and James died. You might have missed the finer points while you were squeaking around down there on the bed —" he spoke in a light, casual voice.

"Remus," Peter gasped, and Artemis could see beads of sweat breaking out over his pasty face, "you don't believe him, do you? He tried to kill me, Remus."

„Oh, shut up," Artemis rolled her eyes,

"So we've heard," Remus put a hand on her back, his tone now more cold. "I'd like to clear up one or two little matters with you, Peter, if you'd be so —"

"He's come to try and kill me again!" Peter squeaked suddenly, pointing at Sirius, and Artemis knew she would've been amused to see him using his middle finger if it weren't for the situation. "He killed Lily and James and now he's going to kill me too. You've got to help me, Remus..."

Sirius' face looked more skull-like than ever as he stared at Pettigrew with his fathomless eyes.

"No one's going to try and kill you until we've sorted a few things out," Remus said.