chapter twenty-nine;

SHE HAS LITTLE INNOCENT DEMONS INSIDE OF HER EYES, AND THEY RECKLESSLY PLAY WITH MATCHES

PLAY WITH MATCHES.

I HAVE NEVER SEEN SPARKS SO PRETTY.

MARCH 5TH 1995

„ATHENA— THEA... BLACK, WAKE UP!"

She snapped herself awake, startled to find emerald green eyes staring back at her sleepily. Athena blindly reached for her wand, instinctively lighting up a spark to see his face.

He instantly covered the light with his hand, putting it down as he whisper-shouted at her, „Shh—it's still night!"

„Then what the fuck are you doing here?" Athena snapped at him quietly, feeling the sleep draining out of her.

„I couldn't sleep," Potter admitted sheepishly, looking almost embarrassed, „Salem let me in."

She groaned lowly, feeling like she had to put that beast in a cage. She leaned her head back on her pillow.

Potter seemed to take this as an invitation to lay down in her bed, apparently having no more shame after having already laid next to her for many months.

„Who said you could sleep here?" Athena snarked when Potter's warm breath fanned at her cheek. „Can't you go to Granger or something? Or anywhere else."

„No," he frowned at her before speaking in a rather mocking tone. „Godric Gryffindor had the sense to protect the girls from us bad men."

She snorted under her breath, „Men."

„Yeah, men," Potter's tone was offended when he noted the mockery in hers, „growing men. Slowly from boys growing men."

She turned her head in his direction, just to show him the blatant amusement on her face.

Mistake.

Athena hadn't realised how close they were laying together until his lips twitched humorously at the panic in her expression and their faces merely inches apart.

„Sorry," Potter whispered to her, sounding completely unapologetic.

She narrowed her eyes when he stared down at her lips, before it occurred to her she was doing the same, "Are you?"