chapter thirty-eight;

YOU SLOWLY REALISE YOU WEREN'T MEANT TO SAVE THE WORLD, YOU WERE MEANT TO DESTROY IT

11TH SEPTEMBER 1995

HADES HATED HIS SIBLINGS.

It wasn't necessary hard to guess why. Each of them had an abnormal amount of ego and Hades struggled to find out which one of them had the larger head. It was tiresome to watch them arguing over every single thing and then being dragged right into it.

( No, he was not being a hypocrite. )

This time however it wasn't an argument between the two of them, no, Zeus chose to fight with Hades himself and for once with Poseidon trying to decide which side to choose.

„We've all seen what will happen to the world once your soldier chooses to be with mortal!" Zeus' voice boomed through the hall, hand resting on his bolt ready to strike him, „It's best if we get rid of the problem before it comes to this!"

„It was your boy who directed that path in the first place!" Hades shouted back irritatedly, glaring at his brother with fierce fury. „The way I see it, my Soldier would've not done anything if it weren't for your little pet."

Watch your words, brother—"

„Apollo was the one who drove her to this darkness," Hades' voice was strained with barely controlled anger, „If he hadn't killed her mortals everything would've been perfectly fine."

„My soldier got rid of a problem we should've removed beforehand," Zeus narrowed his eyes dangerously, lightning reflecting in the sky blue. „Just like we should do it now before she makes the same mistake all over again!"

„You will only challenge the fates for this, brother," Hades spat at him venomously. He didn't break eye contact with Zeus, even with Poseidon glancing between them with narrowed gazing, „In case you need a reminder, Athena is currently our only soldier—so you can't kill her until she reproduces another child and we all know the chances of that—"

„Then I will make sure of it myself, the same way I did with your former soldier."

Hades could very well remember the fight they had in the seventies. Or, well, it was more like him showing his displeasure and Zeus throwing it in his face, which ended when his former soldier stormed off with the words 'fuck you'.

„You're aware that she will cause her own death, if you'd try," He swallowed the urge to strangle him, taking a deep breath to neutral his tone, „she wouldn't care for an unborn child."

„Which is great, for a soldier," Zeus nodded for a moment in calmer tone. „That's why it's either her or the mortal boy she's infatuated with."

Hades huffed, glancing away to shake his head in obvious disbelief, „You kill the mortal and see what happens, brother." Idiot.