chapter ten;

CHAPTER TEN

I did not like being touched, it was strange dislike

dislike. I did not like being touched, but I craved it too much. I wanted to be held so tight, so I would not break.

3RD FEBRUARY 1994

SIRIUS HAD QUITE THE FEW MONTHS behind him this year.

He had finally broken out of Azkaban in the summer, then he tried to find someone who didn't believe him to be a murderer while simultaneously trying to hide from the Aurors and police officers searching for him at every corner.

Then, when even Andromeda wasn't an option anymore, he turned his attention to the traitorous rat. The sooner he would find him—and kill him—the sooner he would be free.

So Sirius went to Hogwarts.

He didn't expect to find his brother's daughter there to, well, exist.

Regulus and him hadn't talked since he graduated and the only reason they did talk after his disowning was Artemis Selwyn, who he suspected to be the girl's mother.

Sirius thought he would've told him if he got a girl knocked up. He would probably even be a bit proud of his little brother.

Maybe, before his mind caught up to the fact that Regulus and Artemis were barely eighteen when their spawn must've been born. And they kept her a secret from him for nearly a year.

The girl, Athena, seemed like a good kid.

She must've taken after her mother.

Sirius was sure somewhere in that girl was a mischievous streak too, he had seen her jinx her brunette scrawny friend a few times. And Harry.

Harry, she jinxed too.

Another wave of sorrow hit him, realising all of his family thought him to be a monster. And then guilt hit him for not having been there to care for his godson, for accusing Remus twelve years ago, whom he knew would've never done that.

He sighed, or at least as much as a dog could, and tried to sneak into the kitchen for some food if the house elves were kind enough.

Except he stepped in he was met with a sight that surprised him.

Standing in the kitchen by the stove were his godson and his niece, yelling at each other through the panicked sounds of house elves.