chapter forty-five;

chapter forty-five;

HE THINKS I DON'T CARE ABOUT HIM ANYMORE, BUT I CARE MORE THAN ANYTHING !

17TH NOVEMBER 1995

SIXTEEN WAS AN AGE MANY GIRLS thrived towards. Athena knew that Daphne did, a sweet birthday that branded her as a rightful teenage girl. Daphne would probably want a whole day surrounding around her, shopping and drinking, but then a large party with the entire England population and the colours white and pink everywhere.

She could only stare up her ceiling, her arm resting on her forehead as she laid still in her bed. Her mind raced wildly, unstoppably.

There was a constant odd feeling in her bones since she woke up early in the morning, she was one year closer to her expected death.

She didn't know what to think of that.

Athena wasn't necessarily scared of dying, but the idea to disappear when she still had things to do didn't sit well with her.

Maybe she should just spend the day training.

There was a sudden Pop! next to her, bringing her out of her silent brooding shell. Athena blinked slowly, she had forgotten that every one of her birthdays started with Kreacher.

„Mistress, Kreacher wishes a happy birthday," he bowed his head lowly, nearly kissing the ground underneath his rotten feet. „Kreacher must ask for Mistress to stand up, he has to clean Mistresses room. Mistress must eat breakfast now, Kreacher has made pancakes."

Athena suddenly felt like she was eight years old again and Kreacher talked himself mad, annoying her into waking up before Walburga would come into her room.

She was very much tempted to tell him the same thing she had done years ago; Piss off.

Instead what came out was, „Uh huh."

Athena grabbed the plate with her pancakes, half glad that it wasn't in the kitchen for idiots to steal, and sat up from her bed with a sigh. She could hear the breathings of her dorm mates, all deep asleep or shortly before awakening.

Her eyes went down to the metal plate, frowning at the sudden piece of parchment next to the pancakes, „Is that from you?"

Kreacher furrowed his eyebrows deeply, glaring at the parchment like it personally offended him and Athena guessed he thought this was his mistake for allowing it to be there.