chapter twelve;

CHAPTER TWELVE

DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES I'VE CRIED FOR YOU?

29TH MAY 1994

„THIS IS SO USELESS."

„Because you can't even look at the parchment in front of you for two minutes," Athena replied, frowning at the potion book in front of her.

Daphne and Draco both gave frustrated sighs, leaning back in their chair with twin pouts.

All four of them, and a few other Slytherins who came uninvitedly, sat on a table in the common room as Theodore forced them ( not her ) to study for their exams.

Athena found it amusing how anytime the situation called for it—be it the exams or one of them was seriously in danger—Theodore transformed into a full-grown mother hen, constantly urging them to study and take care of themselves. He fussed over them like she had seen the Weasley mother do to her children.

„It would be easier if you would just look at my notes, instead of complaining like a five-year-old," Theodore whispered-shouted at them.

Daphne made a whimpering sound, „Sweet Salazar, I hate it when you behave like this."

Blaise Zabini beside them snorted quietly, having no problems at focusing on his Transfiguration notes. He used to be one of these children at Pureblood events who were intimidatingly quiet, it was why she never particularly disliked him.

„Find something funny, Zabini?" Draco sneered.

„Oh, shut up before his mother turns you into one of her husbands," Athena muttered, looking over her annotation.

While both Blaise and Draco scowled at her, the others on the table couldn't hold back their laughs. Even Theodore cracked his usual humorous grin.

„I don't know why you two even study, you always get good grades and you don't even try!" Draco grumbled, looking at Theodore. „How do you do that? You're supposed to be as stupid as I am!"

Tanya—or maybe it was Tabitha—gave her cousin a look of confusion, „I thought you're in the top five in our year."

„He is," Theodore said with pride on his behalf, before answering him, „and just because you don't see me studying doesn't mean I don't do it."

Lie, she thought and rolled her eyes. Athena gave him a look of scorn when he glanced at her.

„Yeah, right," Milena—Milly?—Bulstrode scoffed loudly, „Theodore Nott, studying. We all know Black probably dragged you here to sit with us."