chapter sixteen;

CHAPTER SIXTEEN;

SOMEWHERE BETWEEN EMOTIONAL AND EMOTIONLESS

AUGUST 22TH

ATHENA, DESPITE THE OCCASION LIES she told, was a very honest girl.

Often it was her expression itself that spoke volumes, sometimes it was a blunt statement followed by a scolding nudge from either Daphne or Theodore. ( both hypocrites )

If she didn't like you, you would know.

The people around the table certainly knew, Athena thought as she sat at the Malfoy Manor for their traditional weekly Dinner despite the fact that one of her parents wasn't as dead as they thought.

She was on the chair between Artemis and Draco. Theodore and his father were sitting across from them, both as stiff and quiet as she and her own disappointment of a parent were.

Narcissa and Lucius sat at either side of the head, the former looking like she had just smelled her son's thirteen-year-old diaper, the latter glaring at Artemis and her as if they had burned down his favourite book.

„I will assume you have all gotten the World Cup invitation," Lucius spoke out diplomatically.

Next to her, Artemis' face soured at his voice and Athena was almost sure she had the same expression on her face, choosing to ignore him.

„The Ministry sent us a letter," Senior said with a smug air around him, although she was sure the man knew all of them had gotten one. He placed a hand on Theodore's shoulder, causing the boy to tense further.

Lucius smiled his nasty twisted smile at him, the one that made Athena want to barf.

„What about you two?" Narcissa asked them in an even tone as if to ignore the tension between them.

Her lapdog turned to Artemis and her then, an eyebrow raised expectantly. She glanced at the woman next to her, who looked like she had no intention of talking to the man.

Athena's jaw tightened, „The Delacours sent a letter at the start of the month."

„The Veelas?" Theodore's head snapped up before he was promptly pinched in the ear harshly by his father, „Ow."

She glared at the man, or rather, she glared all around her, „Yeah, those."

„Have you changed your mind about the betrothal with young Raphael?" Senior asked her, seeming to not notice her dirty look at him.