chapter thirty-four;

SOMETIMES IT'S NOT BUTTERFLIES THAT TELL YOU YOU'RE IN LOVE, BUT THE PAIN

4TH AUGUST 1995

ATHENA SOMETIMES ACTUALLY HATED the way her mind would constantly work without a real pause. She was always overworking, which sometimes wasn't a bad thing when it came to strategy and people she didn't trust, but it was a despicable act when she was alone with her thoughts and emotions she didn't know how to handle yet.

It had been a long while since she had her last restful sleep, a sleep that didn't only last three hours at most or was manufactured by a god.

Which meant the dark thoughts in her head were spiralling like an endless whirlpool. It was giving her a headache too, because at some point the thoughts came so fast that it ended up as a giant wool bulb which she had to set apart.

„Where did you have my whiteboard from?"

Theodore had starting brainstorming with her after arriving in her house and successfully causing Weasley and Granger to become an obvious shade of red in two different ways.

She could still hear the ringing in her ear from the shouting Daphne gave.

„Stole it from your dorm, you loser."

Athena had laid down on her bed after exhausted herself to a few hours of dreamless sleep, staring at the ceiling while Salem constantly switched positions around her to find the best way to either get on her nerves or snuggle closer to her.

There were three main subjects in her head. One, Harry and the newfound guilt she felt; two, Apollo and the prophecy and three, the dream world and "original" timeline that her half brother destroyed by going back and making her an orphan to be raised practically alone.

"Your mother raised you in the original timeline," Theodore started in a blunt tone, "you said your last name had been Selwyn, instead of Black. Which was a mistake on Apollo's part, because in your dream your father was alive."

Athena hummed, furrowing her eyebrows.

Salem placed herself on her stomach, staring at her with her sky blue eyes unblinkingly. Athena, on the other hand, blinked at her.

"Apollo said that after Potter's death," Athena thought out loud, "I have sunk into a downright darkness that left us contactless for at least three years and I assume that meant involving everyone who was close to us."