chapter nineteen;

chapter nineteen;

I'VE NEVER BEEN GOOD AT EMOTIONAL STUFF

I'VE NEVER BEEN GOOD AT EMOTIONAL STUFF. EXCEPT ANGER,
ANGER I'M GOOD AT

SEPTEMBER 5TH 1994

ATHENA WAS NEVER A MORNING PERSON.

Despite the fact that she liked to wake up early without missing the day, it took her quite a long time to adjust properly. Normally she would wake up at eight or nine a.m and sit on her bed until her mind started working again.

The thing that she hated, though, was when someone would wake her up.

She could vividly remember the times when she was younger and Walburga would wake her up for their meetings with the other kids. At first she just didn't wake up until the woman started using spells on her, at some point Athena started kicking her in the face in her half-asleep state. The same thing happened with Daphne in their first year at Hogwarts, before the girl learned to leave her alone.

There was also the fact that she despited people in general, but having them early in the morning hovering over her and talking her ear off, well, she wouldn't take it well.

Which was why when Pansy Parkinson stood above her with her hands behind her back innocently, Athena radiated rage in waves.

"Good morning, dorm mate," Parkinson said in a sickly sweet voice.

( Somewhere in the back of her mind, Athena questioned when she became her dorm mate. )

Athena glowered at her, sitting up. She quickly grabbed her wand to change out of the shorts and shirt she slept in, "You've got some nerve to wake me up like this."

"What do you mean?" Parkinson blinked at her in feigned confusion. "It's nearly nine, I thought you like to wake up at this time."

She glared at her, standing from her seat right in front of her. Athena was naturally taller than Parkinson, although it was never the height that intimidated the others, but usually the look on her face.

Athena had her father's "scary" eyes, the Blacks temper and the creativity of her mother.

"Get out of my way."

Parkinson, like every Slytherin, was great at masking her nerves, "Aren't you gonna ask me what I want, Black?"

"No, Parkinson," Athena scowled darkly, "shockingly, I don't care. Now would you get out of my way before one of us leaves the room without a tongue in their mouth."