chapter fourteen;

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

IF YOU THINK WE'RE GOING TO BE ONE HAPPY FAMILY ONCE AGAIN, I HAVE BAD NEWS FOR YOU

ONE HAPPY FAMILY ONCE AGAIN,
I HAVE BAD NEWS FOR YOU.

10TH JUNE 1994

WHEN MADAM POMPREY RELEASED Harry and his friends it was already noon and he was sure the news of Sirius' freedom had reached the castle.

The man himself was staying with Lupin, whom Harry already said goodbye to.

Sirius promised he would be there at the platform next week, but he wouldn't be able to bring him home with him until he gets full custody. Which according to him was difficult to become when you spent twelve years in Azkaban.

Harry sat in the hospital wing next to Athena's bed. The woman, who Harry was ninety per cent sure was her mother, slept on the side peacefully and snoring a bit.

He absently wondered if Athena snored. He could imagine her sleeping in the dorms in a warm bed, a tiny quiet noise coming from her mouth when she slept, her lips parted slightly—

His mind came to a screeching halt, quickly shaking his head before the girl in front of him could miraculously read his mind and do something like spoon his brain out.

„Potter, I told you, I'm fine!"

„Then why didn't Promprey release you yet, huh?" he argued, eying the bandages around the lower part of her upper body.

Athena huffed the hair out of her face, „Because she's being dramatic. I'm all healed up, see?"

She ripped the bandage off, showing her bare stomach. Harry's face heated up embarrassingly fast at the sight, which caused her to roll her eyes and mutter something in a language he couldn't understand.

„Seriously, you idiot, since when do you I have to justify myself to you?" Athena gave him an annoyed look, the one she always gave him.

Harry gave her one right back, „Since you transformed into the teeth-baring beast I always knew you were and then scratched yourself a deep wound on your stomach."

„It's not the first time that happened," Athena swatted his hand away when he tried to touch the scar that was left behind. „Just because you know about it now doesn't mean you have to go all Hero Baby on me now."

He tried to hide the grin at one of the names she gave him, pinching her lower leg instead.

She gave an uncharacteristic squeak, apparently still sensitive from the night before. She reached for the book beside her blindly and threw it at his head with a scowl.