chapter eleven;

CHAPTER ELEVEN

I ONCE WAS A CHILD WITH INNOCENT EYES

INNOCENT EYES

12TH FEBRUARY 1994

IF ATHENA WAS BEING HONEST, she wasn't quite sure how she got there.

One moment she was in the common room, trying to read up some theory stuff, but the next one she was at the three broomsticks with the three main nuisances in her life trying to get drunk on butterbeer.

Well, they started it. She had only complied when Theodore accused her of being a stuck-up, boring lightweight.

And Athena never backed down from a challenge.

Before she knew it all four of them had drunk a dozen butterbeers and Athena still didn't feel a twinge of tipsiness. She wondered briefly if this was a side effect of what she became.

Nevertheless, it became only more annoying when Daphne started giggling at everyone and everything, Theodore drooled over Draco's shoulder and Draco himself was babbling like Mrs. Zabini on a good day.

Now she was the one who had to bring them back to the castle before Dumbledore could expel her.

( After all, she wasn't a Gryffindor like the Golden Girls. )

Athena looked between the three of them, debating who would be the most difficult to carry. Then she pondered if there was a spell to sober someone up.

A tiny zap to the brain would be the easiest answer, to wake up their nerves, but then again she wouldn't want to risk burning off her cousin's last brain cells.

„Draco, grab your friend," she ordered the rambling drunk, who seemed to be the least likely to fall to the ground, „I'll take Daphne."

He did so drowsily, „Friend...? Who?"

She sighed and grabbed Daphne by the arm, who giggled at the contact and leaned on her.

Athena tried not to feel the irritation on her skin, dragging the blonde out of her seat effortlessly and keeping an eye on Draco doing the same with more difficulty.

„Where are we going?" he asked, apparently not noticing the drool on his shoulder as he tried to support Theodore to the door.

„To the castle."

„Aw, no!"

Athena huffed and threw their bill on the table as they went outside, distinctly uncomfortable at being seen like this. She hoped Narcissa wouldn't hear of this, lest she would lecture her until she graduated.