The Bathroom Stall|Note Twenty-Eight

Note Twenty-Eight

Ghiradelli Triple Chocolate Chunk Brownies Ingredients:

1/4 cup water 

3/4 cup vegetable oil 

2 large eggs 

1 brownie mix

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees for a draknon stick pan. Increase by thirty degrees for a glass container.

2) Place brownie mix, two eggs, water, and oil into a large mixing bowl and stir counterclockwise fifty times. Batter may be chunky. Do not digest raw brownie batter.

3) Spread batter out on a pan, using a butter nice to smooth out edges. Place pan in 350 degree oven and set timer for twenty minutes.

4) Insert toothpick into brownies. If it comes out clean, the brownies are ready.

"If you keep on sticking holes into the brownies, I'll have to confiscate that toothpick from you." I threatened as I watched, bemused, Tucker opening up the oven again and testing the rawness. Looking down at the small pile of toothpicks covered in raw brownie batter, I rolled my eyes in humor and checked the timer for the cake pop machine.

"I can't help it. These smell so good." Tucker whined as he looked at the timer on the oven.

I grinned again. After we finished shopping, picking up the groceries my mom needed and our brownies, we went back to my house, devised a plan including building atom structures for our project out of cake pops, and made about three batchs of brownies. Needless to say, the smell was driving Tucker crazy.

"A watched pot doesn't boil."

"This isn't a pot, Cora." Tucker explained patiently, plopping down on the seat next to me.

"It can be used in the same way. Why don't you go relax or something. Hey, how about you grab my IPod from my room and we'll see if we have any common taste in music."

Tucker grudgingly got up from his seat, following my directions to my room. When he didn't return a second later, my IPod after all being on my clean desk and easy to find, I frowned and slid off my seat, going down the hallway to my room where the door was slightly open.

"Tucker.... what are you doing?"