The Bathroom Stall|Note Fifty-Five

Note Fifty-Five

From: Jacklyn Wuertz To: Cora Roberts

omg I can't Cora. I'm so sorry. I can't go to Starbucks.

Sent: 9/18 3:25 p.m.

From: Cora Roberts To: Jacklyn Wuertz

Uh, that's okay. Can I ask why?

Sent: 9/18 3:25 p.m.

From: Jacklyn Wuertz To: Cora Roberts

Well, Robb sprung a last second date. And he says he has something special planned. So sorry! Gotta go!

Sent: 9/18 3:36 p.m.

Slamming my phone down onto the table, I suppressed a string of cuss words, Grabbing my half empty Caramel Frappuccino, I took a sip, a frustrated sigh slipping through my lips. After spending two hours reasoning with myself that telling Jacklyn her boyfriend was more than likely cheating on her with a said Sierra, I had sat here for thirty minutes, only for her to not show up. I had planned to put my alibi in jeopardy, revealing that I was the one answering the notes on the bathroom stall, only for her to ditch me for her conniving boyfriend.

 The table vibrated as my phone buzzed, and I picked it up, half expecting Jacklyn to apologize again.

From: Creepy Stalker To: Cora Roberts

Be ready. A storm's coming.

Sent: 9/18 3:40 p.m.

My pulse increased as I read the text. After the night Terrence kissed me on Tucker's driveway, I hadn't heard anything for the Mystery Stalker, so I had assumed that he wouldn't be telling me whoe exactly I had to be staying away from.

From: Cora Roberts To: Creepy Stalker

What?

Sent: 9/18 3:40 p.m.

From: Creepy Stalker To: Cora Roberts

You're not good at deciphering cryptic messages.

Sent: 9/18 3:41 p.m.

From: Cora Roberts To: Creepy Stalker

That's because they're cryptic messages. Does this have to do with Robb? Who ARE YOU?

Sent: 9/18 3:42 p.m.

From: Creepy Stalker To: Cora Roberts

All will be revealed. xoxo

Sent: 9/18 3:43 p.m.

From: Cora Roberts To: Creepy Stalker

What are you talking about?!

Sent: 9/18 3:44 p.m.

From: Cora Roberts To: Creepy Stalker

Hello?! You can't just leave me like this.

Sent: 9/18 3:50 p.m.

Goddamnit.