The Bathroom Stall|Note Twenty-Nine

Note Twenty-Eight

"When the days are cold, and the cards all fold, 

and the saints we see are all made of gold.

When your dreams all fail, and the ones we hailed, 

are the worst of all, and the blood runs stale."

The soft melody of the Imagine Dragons song continued as I entered my room. Tucker was standing next to my nightstand, looking at the picture collage that hung against the wall, my IPod in his hand.

He flinched slightly from when he heard my footsteps and turned around quickly, giving me a quick smile before justifying why he was taking so long. "Your picture collage is super awesome. Really intricate and professional. Where'd you get it made?"

His words made me blush slightly. "Um, I actually did it myself."

"Wow that's amazing," Tucker commented, his eyes wide as he turned his attention back on my collage, "you have some really artistic talents."

"Thanks." I replied, walking closer to him so that I stood next to him as he continued to observe.

"What was this picture from?"

"This one?" I asked, pointing to a small picture of me with my arms draped around the neck of a masked guy. "This was from the Homecoming masquerade dance sophomore year. My friend creepily took that picture without me knowing."

Tucker frowned slightly, his gaze never straying from that low quality photo. "Do you know who the guy is? The masked one I mean?"

I shrugged, brushing me black hair back. "To be honest, I never got his name. We just danced twice and then he left. Probably with some other girl. Wasn't really a big deal."

Tucker turned to look at me and I could have sworn hurt flashed in his eyes before any semblance of that emotion disappeared, leaving us in silence until my IPod paused and then blasted a Taylor Swift song, causing both of us to flinch. Seconds later, the timer in the kitchen rang, giving us an excuse to exit my room and try out the brownies.