The Bathroom Stall|Note Fourteen

Note Fourteen

Andy's Burger Garden 

719-342-6719 

Receipt Number 442349 

Server: Alisha 

9/6/2012 5:24 p.m.

1 Large Fountain Drink [Coke] : $1.21  

1 Medium Fries : $2.99 

1 Santa Fe Garden Burger : $4.15 

Subtotal:$8.35 

Total: $8.35 

Customer Name: Cora

"Could I get someone to wipe off table 4?" My cashier asked, impatiently handing me my receipt. Tucking it into my wallet, along with a dollar and sixty-five cents in change, I jumped slightly when a door slammed and someone cursed quietly, looking up to see Tucker in his Andy's Garden Burgers uniform. He met my gaze unexpectedly, his eyes wary and curious, before turning and heading to a table dripping with soda.

"Ma'am, you can sit down and someone will bring you your food." The manager told me in a nice voice, shooing me off to the side so that other customers could fill that spot.

Sitting down, I pulled out my phone when it beeped glancing up at Tucker as he wiped off the neighboring table, and looked at the message.

From: 719-642-8193 To: Cora Roberts 

Have you taken my advice? 

Sent: 9/6 5:24 p.m.

I smiled and shook my head a little at this person's message. As weird as it was, it was actually kind of nice to be talking to him/her.

From: Cora Roberts To: 718-642-8193 

Yeah, I've stayed away from any suspicious looking people. Haven't come into contact with people with horns and tails recently. 

Sent: 9/6 5:29 p.m.

From: 719-642-8193 To: Cora Roberts 

I'm so proud of you. 

:/ 

Sent: 9/6 5:35 p.m.

"Tucker, phone away!" A voice barked over the din, and Tucker picked up his mop and disappeared behind the employee's door.

From: Cora Roberts To: 719-642-8193 

You know, if you just told me what's this whole game thing with who, then I'd actually take your words into consideration.. 

Sent: 9/6 5:36 p.m.

"One Coke, Santa Fe Garden Burger, and a fries?" Tucker asked from above and I jumped in my seat.

"Um, yeah, thanks." I replied, clearing my throat.

As he leaned over to sign my receipt, his phone, tucked into a pocket on his dress shirt, slipped out and landed on my table. He panicked for a second, but I reached over and grabbed it, not before seeing that he had a new message.

"That your girlfriend texting you?" I asked with a smile.

His eyes went from his phone screen to my face. "Uh... no. I gotta go. Have a nice meal."

Frowning, I looked down at my own phone. My stalker hadn't texted back.