Wow Me

*At Matthew Casey's and Gabriella Dawson's Apartment*

A knock resounding from the door prompted the blond to walk over. The second it was opened wide enough, he was instantly greeted with a hug from his best friend who had a backpack slung over her shoulder.

"Hey." The Truck Lieutenant smiled, looking up from Ana's small figure to see his Squad counterpart standing in the doorway with a duffle bag. "Come on in."

"Hey, guys." Gabby grinned from where she was standing a few feet away.

"Hey. Wow, uh, new place is nice." Kelly commented as he stepped inside and looked around.

"Ah." She chuckled.

Ana finally let go of Matt so he could close the door.

"Come on, you two." He gestured for the married couple to follow him. "Guest bedroom's this way."

"Thanks for doing this, Gabby." The brunette sent her a grateful nod as she made her way over to her husband.

"Appreciate it." The Squad Lieutenant murmured, wrapping an arm around his wife's shoulders.

"Yeah, no worries." The paramedic shook her head. "I'm glad you two are here."

And, with that, they followed Matt down a hall.

"Yeah, so here's your room and spare sheets and blankets." The blond motioned to a nearby shelf.

"Uh, thanks. It's just for a little while." Kelly shrugged, gazing around.

"Long as you need." Matt offered, winking at Ana before leaving them to it.

"Hey." She called the moment they were alone. "We're gonna get through this. You know that right?"

"Of course." The Squad Lieutenant smirked, softly. "I can do anything as long as I have you by my side."

The brunette just grinned back at him and leaned up for a kiss.

*In the Bullpen: At Firehouse 51: Beginning of Next Shift*

Kelly and Ana made their way towards Chief's Office to see that he was currently on the phone with someone. They just silently waved at him and the older man held up one of his own hands in return. The couple ended up walking into the smaller room just as the had call ended.

"Hey, Chief." The Lieutenant smiled while shaking his hand.

"Kelly." He grinned, pulling his glasses off and turning to the Captain with a warm gaze. "Ana. How are you two doing?"

"We're good, thanks." The younger man nodded.

"You ready to be back at work?" The elder inquired.

"If we weren't, we wouldn't be here." The brunette answered, honestly.

Chief just stared at them for a moment and walked over to shut the door before speaking again.

"Okay, listen. You two do know that there is grief counseling available?" He offered.

"We're good." Kelly assured and the older man's gaze moved down to Ana in response.

She flashed him a small smile but the bell went off overhead before anything else could be said.

"Ambulance 61, Truck 81, Squad 3, boat accident, 22nd and Canal."

Chief merely opened the door and the couple rushed through, making their way out towards the Apparatus Floor.

"Hey, look who finally came down from the mountain." Rick grinned as they came into view.

"Oh, I've never seen them before." Peter teased.