Forgive You Anything

Has not been proofread yet. Sorry for any mistakes.

"All right, Matty. But if you even get a whiff of this Jack Nesbitt being a shady character, I want you tell me right away. Your safety is all I care about." Ana reasoned, gently, as she left her best friend's apartment with her phone pressed to her ear. "Okay, see you in a bit."

The brunette hung up just as she walked through the gate which Kelly held open for her. The couple was about to enter their mustang when a familiar voice spoke up behind them.

"Hey, Kelly, Ana."

The Lieutenant turned around with a grin on his face.

"Scott!"

"I'm ready." He proclaimed.

"What?" The couple glanced at each other in confusion.

"Look, you said to tell you when I'm ready, so, uh, I'm ready." The man explained with a nod.

A huge smile suddenly appeared on Ana's lips.

*At Firehouse 51: In Chief's Office*

Kelly did a little fancy knock on the door before walking in with Ana right behind him.

"Morning, Chief." He greeted with a smile.

"Chief." The brunette nodded, warmly.

"Morning. You sound too damn perky. Like a couple who doesn't have a baby at home." The older man teased as they took a seat in front of his desk.

"We have some great news. Rice is ready to get back to work." The Lieutenant revealed, happily, snatching the toy fire truck off the desk and messing with it.

"Scott Rice?" Chief asked in confirmation while adjusting his tie.

"Yeah, we got a slot to fill on Squad, so. . ." Kelly trailed off, prompting the other man to look at Ana.

"Who says he's ready?" He wondered.

"He does." She answered, honestly, causing him to adopt a skeptical expression.

"Look, if he says he's ready then I believe him." Kelly assured.

"Okay. I'll think on it." Chief nodded.

"Known him since before CFD. Back to high school. He's as standup as they come." The Lieutenant continued, wanting to show just how badly he wanted his old friend on Squad.

"I said I would think on that." The older man repeated, firmly, just as the bell went off overhead. "Let's go."

"Squad 3, Truck 81, Ambulance 61, Battalion 25. Vehicle accident."

*In the Common Room: After the Call*

"Yeah, he's an old friend. We're trying to get him onboard Squad." Kelly explained, gesturing between him and Ana as they walked in with the rest of their fellow firefighters behind them.

"Oh, Rice over at 31. Used to be there?" Herrmann suddenly recalled. "Yeah, he's a great guy."

"That man could tell a story." Joe added in agreement.

Not everyone seemed to be happy about this news, however.

"What I remember, Rice was the kind of guy that always had to be the center of attention." Capp muttered

"Oh, trust me, you'll love working with him." Ana smiled, alleviating some of the tension with her words alone.

Kelly suddenly turned and walked towards the Bullpen. The brunette, seeing that he was going after Chief, followed right behind.