You Know Where to Find Me

Has not been proofread yet. Sorry for any mistakes.

*At Firehouse 51*

"Hey, morning, Chief, Captain." Herrmann greeted.

The two CO's were waiting patiently for the crowd of firefighters to join them on the Apparatus Floor.

"Morning." They chorused with a smile while everyone else sent them their greetings in passing.

"Peter Mills, are you ready to work Squad?" The older man inquired, stopping the younger from heading inside along with everyone else.

"Of course. Medical cleared me, so. . ." He trailed off with a nod.

"So gear up, then." Ana smirked.

"Today?" Peter looked at her in disbelief.

"Mhm. With Kelly gone, Rice is stepping up to fill his place and assist me as acting lieutenant." She explained as Scott, himself, walked over upon hearing his name. "Which means we have a spot to fill."

"Oh, wow." The younger man grinned but his face fell slightly a second later. "Uh, wait. Who's coming in to ride with Brett?"

"I have a relief medical, you in or you out?" Chief demanded.

"Oh, I'm in." He laughed, shaking hands with both Ana and Scott. "I am totally in."

"Then get your gear, Mills." The brunette ordered with a smile.

The two COs watched him rush off towards the turnout room before sharing a knowing look.

*At the Squad Table: A Little While Later*

"Hey." Scott greeted as Peter took the chair next to him.

"What's new, Mills?" Capp wondered, glancing over at Ana who was lounging in Kelly's usual seat.

"Well, my mom and Elise are going down to North Carolina to sell my grandfather's restaurant. Ought to pay off a couple credit card bills, you know? What else? Oh, what else?" He smirked, kicking his feet up on the table. "Oh, yeah, I'm back on Squad, baby."

The other three Squad members erupted into cheers and exchanged high fives while Ana just watched on, fondly.

"Welcome back, Mills." She smiled.

Peter went to respond but was stopped by the bell going off overhead.

"Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambulance 61, Battalion 25, person trapped. Washtenaw and 19th."

*After the Call*

The members of Squad 3 had all returned to their table after rescuing a man who they had found impaled on a lamppost. He regained consciousness for a few seconds and left all the first responders with one word, "banana."

"You know, maybe he was trying to tell us that he slipped on a banana peel." Capp grinned

"Could it have been self-inflicted?" Scott inquired.

"At this point, I believe that anything could be possible." Ana shrugged, unbothered as she turned to the next page in her book.

"Hey, Mills." Tony nodded over his shoulder and Peter turned to see his mother and sister walking over.

"Hey!" He smiled, getting up and jogging over. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Peter, are you back on Squad already?" Elise asked in shock.

"Yeah. Total surprise, actually." He admitted. "Boden just sprung it on me. Come say hi to the guys."

"Actually, is there somewhere we can go for a little privacy?" Ingrid wondered, completely serious and Elise's face even fell a little.