Three Bells

A/N This is the first of a mini two part crossover between Chicago Fire and Chicago PD.

Please relax and enjoy the read.

~Princess <3

*At the Office of Fire Investigation: That Same Night*

"So where on the scene did you find this?" Lynette inquired as Kelly handed her a plastic bag with the object they had found inside of it.

"Buried into the ground between the burn pattern and the propane tank." He explained.

"Under some debris." Gabby added from his left.

"Did you get pictures?" The blonde wondered.

"Yes, my wife did actually." The Lieutenant wrapped an arm around Ana who was to his right and she nodded, shyly, before producing said photographs that they had printed before coming here. "Uh, both of her parents are cops so she wouldn't let us leave without 'em."

"Okay. Great. Thank you." Lynette smiled.

"So what now?" Kelly shrugged.

"Now, let me do my job." The blonde sighed. "You wait to hear from me."

*At Firehouse 51: In the Common Room: Sometime During Next Shift*

"I can't believe it. What if we hadn't gotten called to that storage unit?" Herrmann muttered as he crossed from the long table over to the couch.

"We never would've known." Gabby shrugged.

"Things happen for a reason, fellas." The older truck member pointed out, walking backwards. "I believe that."

He had just approached the counter when a familiar voice had him, and pretty much everyone else, looking towards the main entrance.

"Gabby." A blonde woman with a striking resemblance to Leslie Shay called, rushing in.

"Megan. Hey." The Candidate greeted her with a hug.

"I got on the first plane." She explained, pulling back just as Kelly and Ana went in for hugs of their own.

"Guys, you remember Megan, Leslie's sister." Gabby introduced.

"Of course." Matt nodded, embracing the woman himself. "Welcome back to Chicago."

"I'm really glad you could make it out." The Squad Lieutenant murmured.

"We both are." The Captain cracked a small smile.

"I can't believe this is really happening." Megan shook her head. "Arson?"

"Looking more and more like it." Kelly confirmed in a grim tone.

"So Leslie was murdered?" The blonde realized.

"The uh, office of Fire Investigation. . ." Ana swallowed, unsure of how to finish that thought.

"They're- they're looking into it." The Squad Lieutenant supplied and his wife shot him a grateful look in return.

"Megan." Another, deeper, voice spoke and the woman turned to see Chief walking towards her with open arms. "Welcome back to 51."

"Thanks, Chief Boden." She sniffed, accepting his hug.

"Ana." He turned to the brunette upon pulling back from the blonde. "You have a phone call in my office. It's Kevin Hadley."

The Captain's eyes grew comically wide at the name.

"What?" Otis asked in disbelief.

"What's that son-of-a-bitch want?" Mouch spat.