Red Rag the Bull

Has not been proofread yet. Sorry for any mistakes.

*At Washington and Kedzie*

The rigs of Firehouse 51 all rolled to a stop in front of a three story building and the firefighters hopped out to see smoke and flames coming out of it.

"I'm the building manager." A man ran over to Pridgen. "We got a kid missing! On the third floor!"

"The other tenants are accounted for?" The taller man inquired.

"Yes, sir. All of them." He nodded.

"Mouch, Cruz, south entrance. Herrmann, Dawson, grab irons." Matt ordered, making his way towards the entrance of the building. "We'll take the north."

"You all need any help?" The manager offered.

"No, stand down." Pridgen shook his head.

Ana and Kelly stepped up to where the relief Chief was but kept their distance, watching as Truck 81 began to mask up. Their attention was diverted, however, when a young girl came running over out of breath.

"My uncle, he fell down the stairs!" She panted out. "His leg's hurt real bad. Can you help him?"

"Where is he?" Pridgen demanded.

"He's down the block." The girl pointed. "Real close here."

The taller man glanced around real quick before landing on the blond near the door.

"Casey!" He called.

"Chief?" Matt frowned in confusion.

"Truck 81's being redeployed. Grab your EMS gear and accompany this young woman down the block!" Pridgen commanded.

Ana's eyes widened in alarm. That was a bad call and everyone knew it.

"Chief, we got a kid trapped inside a burning building." The Truck Lieutenant argued.

"You can send 61 instead." The Captain agreed. "They're more equipped for-"

"Did it sound like I was asking?" The taller man snapped with a glare and it took every ounce of the brunette's power to refrain from flinching back into her husband. "Truck 64 is two minutes out. Move it!" Pridgen watched as Matt finally complied before turning to Kelly. "Clear how that works, Lieutenant? Red Rag the Bull and you get gored."

"Yes, sir." He nodded, eyeing him warily.

"Do whatever you have to do the find the girl." Ana whispered, gaze never once leaving the taller man. "Pridgen be damned."

"I'm on it." Kelly murmured, rushing towards the building just as the relief Chief gave the same order.

"Get in there and find that kid!" He yelled, glancing over at the manager. "Let's go. Out of the way." Apparently, the poor guy didn't move fast enough as Pridgen resorted to yanking him away by his shirt instead. "Step back. Come on."

*A Few Minutes Later*

Ana let out a quiet breath of relief when Kelly came back out with a little girl in his arms, both looking relatively unscathed.

"No visible burns, but she sucked in a lot of smoke." He recalled, laying her down on the gurney Peter brought over.

"Okay. We'll bag her en route." The former Candidate nodded.

"You're gonna be just fine." Sylvie assured. "We're taking you to the hospital, okay?"

"All right, let's go." Peter called and the two swiftly brought the girl over to the ambulance.