Just Drive the Truck

*Inside the Squad Rig: On the Way to a Building Fire*

"Whoa, Captain!" Tony suddenly called, urgently, pointing at the road in front of him.

"Oh, Christ." Kelly hissed in horror.

Ana turned to see what had them both so unsettled and her eyes widened at the sight of two very familiar looking smashed up red vehicles, one of which was completely tipped over on its side.

"Mayday! Mayday! This is Squad 3 to main! Truck 81 and Truck 66 have collided on the corner of 24th and Wabash." Ana radioed, unable to hide the concern and worry in her voice. "We're gonna need as many ambulances as you can get!"

"Oh, man, this is bad." The Lieutenant muttered, lowly, practically jumping out of the rig the literal second it came to a complete stop.

"Confirming that Truck 81 and 66 are out of action, requesting that Squad 3 stay. Please reassign other units to the structure fire." The brunette requested, hopping out right after him.

"Mills, Capp, Tony, check 66." Kelly instructed. "Newhouse, you're with us."

He gave Ana a quick boost before climbing onto Truck 81 himself. Rick followed shortly after just as the Captain reached the passenger side window.

"Matty!" She sighed in relief upon seeing that he was conscious and even moving around. "You okay?"

"Mouch is hurt." The blond groaned out. "Oh, Hell. This is bad."

"Otis, you okay?!" Kelly inquired as he threw the door open.

"Yeah, but Mouch is bleeding." He yelled back.

"Mouch, talk to me." The Squad Lieutenant demanded.

"It's my eye." He winced. "I hit something, door frame, I don't know."

"Let me see, bud." Kelly peered over the side and took a look at the injury before speaking again. "All right, don't worry. We're gonna take care of you."

"Herrmann, grab your jump bag." Ana ordered, spotting him climbing out on his own.

"Got it." He nodded.

"Newhouse, go down, put pressure on that." The Squad Lieutenant instructed.

"Copy." Rick replied, already halfway inside the truck.

Ana was finally able to help Matt up and he turned back to the Driver the second he could.

"Cruz, you okay?" The blond called, squinting at his shaking figure. "Cruz!"

"Yeah." He nodded, breathlessly.

"We'll get you out." The brunette assured, hopping back down with a little assistance from her best friend.

Matt then went to join Kelly who was tending to the firefighters of Truck 66 while the Captain stayed behind, knowing she needed to fill the role as incident commander until Chief could get on the scene. Which he did a couple minutes later.

"Casey." The older man called while stepping out of his buggy and putting his helmet on.

"Yeah." Matt rushed over and they began making their way over to Ana, who stood overlooking the scene with a grim expression.

"Are your men okay?" Chief wondered.

"All but Mouch. His eye's messed up. Dawson's taking him to Chicago med." The blond panted out.

"Is it serious?" The older man wondered.

"I don't know." The Truck Lieutenant shook his head. "He's alive. He's in one piece. I'm just thankful for that."