The Nuclear Option

*At Firehouse 51: Inside the Bathroom*

Matt walked in and was immediately greeted by the sound of violent retching. His gaze gravitated over to the stalls, where he found his best friend standing outside of one with a worried expression. As the blond made his way towards the nearest urinal, the retching turned into heaving and was immediately followed by vomiting.

"Let me guess. Bad clams?" He smirked as Kelly walked out of the stall and over to one of the sinks.

"Hung over." The Squad Lieutenant groaned, switching the faucet on and making to grab for his mouthwash.

"Kelly-" Ana sighed, unable to get more than her husband's name out before the bell went off overhead.

"Truck 21, Squad 3, Ambulance 61, structure ffre at the 1400 block of Ogden and Washington Avenue."

Matt finished doing his business and rushed out of the room. Kelly decided to forgo the mouthwash and swished some water around in his mouth instead. He raced out the door, leaving his wife to follow after him with a concerned gaze.

*In the Common Room: A Little While Later*

Ana had been nursing a cup of coffee at the long table when Joe walked in.

"Watch out, boys and gal."  He sent a wink in the brunette's direction while making his way over to the Coffee pot. "Severide's looking for drinking buddies for tomorrow night."

"Again? My liver's still mad at me for Friday." Otis groaned from the Round Table and took a sip of of his own drink.

"That guy ought to spend a quiet night at home for once." Herrmann, who was sitting next to the Elevator Man, crossed his arms and shot a pointed look in Ana's direction.

"Yeah, well, get your excuses ready." Joe muttered, pouring himself some of the hot liquid.

"Yo, Truck 81, that bathroom's looking like a warzone." Capp smirked, walking in with a newspaper and a mug in hand.

"Yo, Cap. We're not on bathroom duty. It's Squad's month." The Truck Driver corrected while placing the pot back on the maker.

"Says who?" The Squad Member scoffed.

"Your Captain." Ana spoke up with a teasing smile playing at her lips.

She got a few laughs and snickers for her efforts.

"Guess that settles that." Joe grinned right as Chief came out of the room on his left.

"Joe Cruz, see you a minute?" He requested, heading towards the Command Center with the younger man not far behind.

Capp shot the brunette a betrayed look and she met him with a halfhearted glare in return. He took that as his cue to back down and proceeded to walk back outside towards the Squad Table.

*In One of Firehouse 51's Various Hallways*

"Hey, Ana, you gotta minute?" Matt wondered, stopping the brunette in her tracks.

"I've all the time in the world for you, Matty." She smirked, teasingly. "What's up?"

"Christie's having some issues with her dirtbag husband and I was just wondering if you knew anyone from your Dad's unit who might be able to look into him for me." He explained. "Gabby told me Antonio has some problems of his own so. . ."

"Yeah, actually, I do: Officer Adam Ruzek." The Captain nodded, pulling out her phone. "Al gave me his number a little while back. I'll text it to you now."

"Thanks." The blond murmured, pulling out his own device upon feeling it vibrate in his pocket.

"'Course." Ana smiled, continuing on her merry way.

*At the End of Shift*

Kelly and Ana walked out the Bunk Room side by side, freshly changed out of their Firehouse uniforms. They had just begun making their way towards the Apparatus Floor when the two figures of Joe and Otis appeared in front of them.

"Hey, guys. You coming tonight? Tipsy Tuesday at McGillicuddy's." The Lieutenant grinned and they both immediately began trying to come up with excuses. "Whatever, you guys suck."

A ghost of a smile appeared on the Captain's lips at their antics but it quickly fell as the memory of this morning flashed through her mind.

"Kelly." She called right as they were about to walk out of the Apparatus Floor doors. "Promise me you'll try to take it easy tonight. You know I hate seeing you get sick like that."

"Yeah, I do." He murmured, softly, glancing down at the floor in shame before meeting her concerned gaze again a few seconds later. "I'll try. . . but only for you."

That was all Ana needed to hear. Her smile quickly returned as she leaned up for a kiss. They seperated a few seconds later and Kelly stared down at her with a gentle gaze before opening the door and letting her through.

A/N Shorter chapter than usual but meh, what are you gonna do?

Anyway, I hope all enjoyed regardless of the length. Till Thursday!

~Princess <3