Chapter Ten

Not edited so there might be spelling mistake

***

Khushi hugged her sister as soon as she came. It had taken her five hours but she was glad that she had because she didn't know what else to do.

They all say in the mediation room. Dhruv's dad had arrived too but she didn't want to talk to him. Dhruv was brought in and he settled in the chair beside her.

She held his fingers under the table and he pressed her fingers back. But he said nothing. There were lawyers present.

"Mr. Roshan here has complained that the baby that you have is biologically his. Do you have anything to say about it, Mrs. Kapadia?"

Khushi only stopped glaring at him to look at his lawyer. "I don't know why he thinks so."

"Don't you? My client claims that you had sexual relations with him which matches the age of the child."

Khushi felt her whole body go cold. But she swallowed her pride, "That's a lie."

"The police has found evidence, Mrs. Kapadia. Of you being in the same hotel as my client. "

"Nothing happened. I didn't even enter the room. This is ridiculous. Rian is not his!" She snapped. God, she could feel everyone in the room judging her as some characterless woman.

"Rian is not his. Because he's adopted." Dhruv said in a cold tone. "I have documents to support that."

It was Janvi who passed the file. "Rian is not his nor is he Khushi's. He is mine because I adopted him."

Khushi could do nothing except sit back in shame and silence. Until the bail was signed and they decided to visit Drishti in the hospital.

***

Dhruv drove to the hospital as soon he got out. He was worried about his sister. But before he could reach, his dad was already there sneering at him guarding the corridor. He ignored him and walked past him but he blocked the door.

"Get out of the way unless you want a matching black eye!" Dhruv growled.

"Haven't you hurt her enough? Our lives were better when you disappeared. You and that wife of yours can keep your disgusting business to yourselves."

He held the old man's collar and with gritted teeth he uttered, "I told you to not drag Khushi into this..."

"Dhruv!"

He snapped his head towards the noise and saw Khushi rush towards him, she held his forearm. "Dhruv, let go."

He let go of his collar, but anger still singed his veins and it blustered under his skin, ready to burn his father.

"Why are you here? Haven't you dragged our family name through the mud enough?!" His father hissed at Khushi. "Because of you both, my daughter's wedding was called off and she's in the hospital."

"That's enough papa!"

The trio turned to look at Dhrishti who stood by the door holding on to the door frame.

"It's not bhai's fault that Rohit called off the wedding. Don't you understand?! He never loved me. He used me. They just wanted a child. Neeta visited me, papa."

Dhruv's heart broke as he watched tears slide down her cheeks, "She told me her baby had been kidnapped so they only wanted me because I was pregnant. It is not bhai's fault. I'm glad this happened, I can't even imagine marrying someone like Raunak now."

***

In the evening, she told her sister about not cheating,

"What possessed you to lie like that, Khushi?" Her sister admonished her.