Chapter Twenty Eight

Okay so this chapter was a whopping ,7500 words when I finished it so obviously that's too much so I'm dividing it into two chapters. So please make sure to read the next chapter too!

***

Dhruv walked into Nats' room and she quickly went into Dhruv's room and changed into her own clothes. She found a notepad on the teapoy and wrote a note, leaving the apartment as quickly as she could.

She was wrong. She knew that. Khushi pulled her car out and drove to the Rane mansion where her sister stayed with jiju and Sakshi and Siddharth.

When she pressed the door bell, it was opened by Sakshi who smiled looking at her. "Oh look who's here! Oh Gosh! Khushiii...how have you been?"

Sakshi pulled her into a hug,"I've been well, Sakshi. How are you?"

"I've been good. How are Siddharth and the kids?"

"Oh they're good. Have you come to meet Janvi?" She asked leading her in.

"Yes. Where is she?"

" I think she's in her room, getting ready for office. You can go up, you're family so..."

Khushi walked up the stairs to her sister's room. She knocked on the door and the door was opened by Veer jiju. His hair was sticking in all directions and he yawned,

"Khushi? Kiddo, what are you doing here? Did something happen? What happened to your face?”

"No no no jiju. I'm fine. I don't want to talk about my face. Anyways,I just came to meet Dee. Is she there?"

"She's in the washroom. What happened? Why do you wanna meet her?"

"Nothing jiju. I just want to check up on her. I'll wait downstairs. Tell her I'm waiting."

  Saying that she walked away to the drawing room.

***

She waited awkwardly in the drawing room until her sister rushed in, still wearing her bathrobe.

"What are you doing here?"

"The cheque." She pulled out the envelope from her jeans pockets and extended it to her sister.

He sister stared at it in shock, "I didn't actually mean for you to return it so soon..."

"It's okay. Your wedding is more important.... I'll arrange the money form somewhere." By somewhere Khushi meant that she had to pause her research, but her sister didn't need to know that.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes Dee." She placed the envelope on the table.

"Sit, sit...finish your tea.What happened, Khushi? Who slapped you?" Janvi nudged a cup of tea, towards her. "I heard Dhruv's in town. Did he do that?" Janvi’s voice was controlled but while pouring herself a cup, her hands shook

"Yeah...he is. For his sister's wedding." She said, Janvi took a seat on the couch opposite hers. “No, dee, you know he would never.”

   That is all she said. Her sister understood that she didn't wish to relieve it again and let go.

"Oh...Dishu is getting married again?"

"Yeah to jiju and Sakshi's cousin. Samrat I think?"

Her sister looked at her in surprise, "Really? Veer has a cousin?"

"Didn't you know? Veer and Sakshi's dad had a brother. It's his son."

"First cousins? What the hell? I'll have to ask Veer about it." Janvi said sighing.