Chapter Twenty One

A/N: I'm changing Drishti's fiance's name. It's Samrat now.

When Drishti reached the house she called home, she found that it was plunged into darkness. She expected it. She paved her way towards the study. The door was open, the lights from the window cast a dim glow enough for her to see silhouettes and shapes. She slipped off her heels and walked to the balcony.

        He didn't turn towards her as she slid the door open. He was lost deep in thoughts as he stared at the view with a blank expression.

     She settled in his lap and slid her arms around his neck, placing her head on his chest. Drishti waited a moment until he shifted and his arm gripped her waist and the other her thigh.

      "I thought you'd never come back." His words brushed against her hair.

      She circled the tip of her finger on his chest, "With the way you behaved today, I shouldn't have."

     They said nothing for a couple of moments until she sighed, "Don't even think because I came back, I'm not mad at you. You did it purposely."

      "Oh?" She could feel his smile on her head.

       She raise her head away from his chest and looked at him in his eyes, "Admit it. You behaved so abominably with my brother because you wanted me to leave."

        He said nothing except sliding his hand to hers and picking it up, brushing his lips on her wrist,

    "I would never want you to leave, mere dil."

     "Don't lie, Samrat."

     "But ofcourse, I wanted to give you a chance to leave if you wanted to."

     "How could I leave; when I love you?"

        "Why you love me, is beyond my understanding. Your brother's allegations aren't untrue. I'm a murderer."

       She rolled her eyes, "Oh and I'm the queen of England. Can you stop being dramatic?"

            He only laughed and this time it was genuine. Drishti was glad that she had pulled him out of his somber mood.

    ***

        Khushi watched the computer screen clicking through her presentation slides. Ravya paced in front of her table frantically.

    "Ravya, sweetie... you'll give me a migrane if you continue like that. Can you relax?"

       "Oh God." She slipped on the chair like some Victorian miss. "I cannot. I swear I cannot see that Harshita win this bid. I just cannot."

       Khushi tugged her bottom lip between her teeth. "She won't. I don't even know why she's competing door this bid? Like doesn't her dad have enough money?"

     "Because she hates you." Ravya said rising from her chair and stopping behind hers looking at the screen.

     ***

          When they reached the conference room, Khushi revised what she would say in her mind.

      "Oh it's Dukhi and her Rat."

   Khushi closed her eyes to control her temper. But Ravya couldn't so she blurted out, "Just because you have SHIT in your name doesn't mean you have to talk shit all the time, HarSHITa!"

     Khushi only beamed at Harshita who was fuming. That certainly curved her anxiety. She walked inside the conference room and all of it came crashing down as her eyes zeroed on him.