Chapter Eighteen

Two years later...

    Dhruv stared at the email in his computer. It was from Sakshi. He was reluctant to open it. But he knew before opening it that he would. He opened and read all of their emails. There were plenty of emails and texts and calls in the initial days which waned as the months passed by until there were none.

       So this was an anomaly. He tapped his mousepad to open it and Sakshi had written a paragraph.

        Dhruv,

   Hope you're doing well. I don't even know if you'll read this but I think this should be brought to your attention.

     I think your sister, Drishti is marrying. Again, I don't know if you already know about this. Anyways, I came to know about this only because she is marrying my cousin Ajit. I have no idea where she even met considering how he's our age and she's obviously so young, just turned 25 I guess.

    I just thought that you should know. Hope you're honestly doing good. We all miss you, especially the kids.

   Sakshi Rane Sandhini

    He didn't even close the email and immediately called his sister. He didn't care that it would be the middle of the night in India. He waited until Dristhi picked up.

       "Hello? Bhai? Everything okay?"

         He swiped his forehead asche could feel a headache coming on, "Dishu, everything is fine. I heard a news about you. You're getting married?"

      After a moment, she answered him, "Yes, Bhai."

        "Is everything okay, my Dil?"

      He heard a make voice say and a shush, he gagged almost. "Was that him? Ajit was it?"

     "Bhai... it's not like that. I genuinely love him?"

       "He's my age I've heard!"

      "He's younger than you and I'm twenty five now."

     "I'm coming back to India right now! You better explain it face to face,young lady!" He snapped and cut the call.

  ***

      "Dad? Dad? Dad?" Riyan called and Dhruv looked up from the papers in front of him to him, "Yes buba, what happened?"

      Riyan who was a toddler looked at him, "Where are we going?"

       "We're going to India."

      "India." Riyan repeated it. "Mama won't come?"

       "Mama will join us later." Dhruv lied, the truth was she had agreed to stay away from him and they shared custody of Riyan.

       "Are you excited?" He said changing the topic. Riyan had turned his attention back to the colouring book and nodded without looking. Dhruv brushed the hair on his head affectionately.

          "Your coffee sir!"

          "You look excited, Mohan." He told his secretary, while the said secretary pulled a chair to sit.