Chapter Thirty

In 2022, I thought this would be a short story, now it's chapter Thirty. 😭

***

Dhruv had a busy day, teh next day. He had to meet Janvi so that she could help find the nanny and then meet his sister, Dishu to tell her about Shri.

And there was too much in between like picking up Riyan from his daycare and take him to meet Nats.

He had an ulterior motive for meeting Nats. Because he knew Khushi would be there. Last evening she had called Khushi asking her to move out of the hotel and shift in with her. Khushi had agreed and he let her go because there was too much they had to talk about.

It was good to lose control once, but he was afraid that it would open a whole new box of issues he didn't need right now.

Now he sat in Janvi's office as he told her about the nanny. He was sure she was mad at him, but she didn't show it. Infact, she was a mess, her hair was mess and she looked like she hadn't slept since days. Then he remembered Veer at his place with his bags.

"Is everything okay with Veer?"

At his name, she snapped her head up, "No. It's not. We fought. He has moved out to take some space."

"Oh."

"I don't want to take this case, Dhruv...I can forward it to some other agency."

"Why? Janvi... you're the best."

"Dhruv, let me be serious then. Every single time you and Khushi walk into our lives, everything goes to hell. For some reason, Veer has a soft spot for Khushi, I have a soft spot for you and then we both get into a fight because you both get into a fight. I can't... I'm supposed to get married in two weeks!"

"Me and Khushi aren't fighting..."

"Are you guys getting back together?"

He couldn't answer that. "I wouldn't ask you if this was something normal. It's my son."

   "Who hit Khushi?" Janvi asked all serious. They had dated before and he knew that expression all too well. He was in dangerous territory now.

      "It was Neeta."

"Ugh...fine. I'll take it. But anything that happens between you both, I don't wanna know about it. Also, you'll talk to Veer and send him back home."

"What? I can't convince him!?" He spread his hands.

"Find a way. I'm not doing this for free."

***

"Bhaiya, if you're going to try to convince me to not marry Samrat then you'll be wasting your time." Dishu said.

In the year of his self-imposed exile, Dishu had went ahead and opened an art gallery. They both stood before a photograph clicked by Aghanya. He knew she wanted to do something in art so he was proud of his sister for pulling this off.

      He didn't know what the photograph was about. Menstruation maybe? Since, there was implications of blood. There was a shot of a woman's hands covered in alta. The other shot was of water dripping from her hands. Next was a towel with red stains. And then hands stained by the alta again, this time the stain more prominent.

    "What the heck is that even supposed to mean?"

      "Can you make it any more apparent that you're a man?"

      "Is it about menstruation?"

       "The art is named Blood Loss. So figure it out yourself."