Chapter Twenty Seven

When Khushi woke up, she sighed, she had been the most comfortable since years. Her muscles were relaxed and she felt calm. Her eyes dropped and rose swinging between consciousness and sleep.

        She tried to move but felt an arm cage her and a warm body, pressed against her. Dhruv. She sighed and shifted to lay on her other side, he moved too, layng on his back, groaning in his sleep.

   Khushi placed an arm on his middle, resting her face on his shoulder, his arm moved across her shoulder. God, what a strange dream she had had. It was the worst experience of her life. To lose a child, to be divorced from him, it was a nightmare.

      "What time is it?" She murmured in half asleep.

       She felt him shift reaching for something, there was a bright flash then darkness again, "It's 4...plenty of time to sleep more..." He murmured, gathering her closer. Khushi felt the stamp of his lips on her forehead and in her hair.

         She didn't wish to sleep. The nightmare was terrible. "I had such a bad dream...." She mumbled. "Hmm..." He mumbled half asleep. She opened her eyes which felt gummy, groggily she raised her head, pressing her lips to his chin and to his jaw. His stubble felt good.

     He looked at her beneath his lashes, "Sleep. You need it." His other hand combed through her scalp. Khushi let out a tired sigh.

      "I need only you." Khushi traced her fingers on his cheekbones, his stubble pricking her, she tilted her head, placing her mouth on his. He wasn't hesitant to kiss her back.

          He lips took from her and gave her so much too. She whimpered and shook under him. It had been so long. He groaned in her mouth and that snapped her back to reality.

      It wasn't a bad dream. It was reality. Whatever happened yesterday was real. Maybe this was the dream. How had he come to her bed? Surely, this was a hallucination conjured by her mind.

      "What's wrong?" He lifted his head. She couldn't see his expression. Her mind was still groggy. She lifted her arms and wrapped them around the back of his neck, feeling his jaw, his face, his hair. Khushi still couldn't believe he was real. He turned his head and pressed a kiss to her right wrist. That made tingles pass through her whole body.

       "This isn't a dream." The realisation fell upon her. She should've shoved him away. But she only pulled him closer.

      "It isn't." His breath caressed her face, he bent his head to her neck, feeling the barest brush of his lips, she shuddered. This was so wrong. Her mind screamed. He was a married man. That was enough for her to shove him away.

      "I-you're married!" She

        He fell away, slumping on the mattress beside her. "Not for long anyway, Neeta has filed for divorce with sole custody."

        She said nothing, it was her fault. Khushi knew how much Riyan meant to him. She raised herself on her elbow and looked at him. He had his arm over his eyes.

       "I'm sorry."

     Hearing her, he lifted his arm and pulled himself up, turning on the beside lamp.

     ***

         Fucking hell! Dhruv cursed internally. As soon as he put on the light, he saw her bruised cheek which looked swollen. He raised his fingers and traced the bruise with his knuckles softy. She closed her eyes.

    "I should be the one apologising....you got dragged in this unnecessarily..."

   It took his everything to withdraw his hand, he dropped his legs to the side and stood up. "You should sleep. I'll go check on Riyan." He told her turning off the lamp. Dhruv couldn't bear to see her sorrowful eyes anymore. He wanted to pull her into his arms, crush her to his chest and never let go. His heart stung looking at her pitiful state. But now wasn't the right time. And she hated pity.