THE PACT

कहते हैं ख़ुदा ने इस जहाँ में सभी के लिए
किसी ना किसी को है बनाया हर किसी के लिए

AADISH's POV

I sit back in the backseat of my Rolls Royce, while,  I hear my father go on and on about the benefits of this one damn deal with the Mehtas.

For some reason my father thinks that me marrying their daughter will strengthen our ties with the underground and also remove the last hiccup we have been facing, since, last year.

The Mehtas have been proposing offers that have been contradicting ours. If, I, marry their daughter, they will definitely stop undermining our work and will definitely work in our favour. We will become a family and will have to show united.

Everyone will fear us.

People will think twice before going against us.

As tempting as the deal is, I am not ready to marry their daughter, Vanie Mehta. From what I have seen at work events, she is childish, talkative and way too annoying.

She is always fucking smiling but never at me or with me.

Our families run in the same circle. So, I have been around her more than I like.

"Aadi, tu sun bhi rha hai, kya?" My father's angry voice brings me back to the reality.

"I won't marry her. I made it pretty clear in the beginning itself." I reply while turning my face towards the window.

(Aadi, are you even listening?)

"You are marrying her, whether, you like it or not. I already made the deal."

"What? Kiski mrzi se aapne ye deal final ki?"

(With whose permission did you finalise the deal?)

My father turns his face towards me, his face red with anger. "Meri baat dhyaan se sun, mai is company ka President hu. Mujhe teri permission ki zrurat nhi. Aur tu ye shaadi krega. Yhi humare aur humari company ke liye acha hai."

(Listen to me carefully, I am the President of this company and I don't need to ask you for your permission. And you will be marrying her. This is what is good for us and our company.)

"Aap ne hi to mujhe sikhaya tha ki pyaar vyaar kuch ni hota. Eating you own words it seems." I smirk.

"And now I am the one telling you to marry for money. This marriage will be a deal. I don't fucking care what you guys do in private, as long as you have smiling faces in public."

(You are the one who taught me that there is no such thing as love.)

My father's reply shuns me into silence, because he is right. It will be a deal with a complementary wife. I don't have to entertain her. It's not like she is fond of me either. I think a little before I say.

"What if I end up like you and mom,huh?"

My father's eyes soften. He still fucking loves her. His eyes always betray him.