THE BARBIE

VANIE's POV

I sit in the backseat, sandwiched between Nitya, Ryesha and Anika.

Should have taken the cab.

"Anika! I swear to God, if, you don't stop elbowing me. I am going to tickle you." Nitya says  in frustration.

I can't help but laugh. Ryesha giggles too.

"Girls! Please maintain the discipline. It's no way of treating each other." Rajveer says while driving the car.

All of us start laughing harder.

You know you are a teacher when you use words like maintain and discipline even with your friends.

"Yes, Sir!" Ryesha replies.

I catch Raajveer turning all pink.

God! When are these fools going to accept their feelings for each other?

I take a deep breath as I relax myself, half my ass sits on Anika's lap while the other hangs down on the seat.

Just 5 more minutes. I remind myself.

I am glad we chose the theatre closer to School, else, it would have been a hell of a ride.

As we reach the theatre, all of us start getting off the car one by one. I look around at everyone dressed in pink.

It's such a good feeling, to have good friends and somewhere to be. I side hug Nitya as she stands closer to me. I place my head on her shoulder.

"Woman, what are you doing?" She asks.
"Shut-up." I tell her.

Rajveer and Anuj shake their head.

Rajveer and Anika teach maths, Ryesha and Nitya are computer science teachers, whereas, Anuj teaches Social Sciences.

We all come from different departments, yet, our bond is very strong. We all support each other. Nitya even helps me in grading the papers, by counting the total.

As we head towards the theatre, my arms linked with Nitya's, we giggle, we talk.

My eyes fall on a man walking in front of us.

He is tall, mysterious and dressed in black suit. A very familiar black suit. My eyes move towards the back of his head.

I can recognise this head even in my sleep. Aadi.

What is he doing here?

"Aadi!" I call out in surprise.

He turns back and doesn't look amazed at all.
More like, he knew I will be here, unlike, me. I am caught totally off guard by his presence.

"Roses!" He says in his deep, dark and sexy voice.

His eyes fall, where, mine and Nitya's arms are linked.