THE ETERNAL

VANIE's POV

I stop mid sentence, when my eyes fall on a very beautiful woman. Her skin is pale, but her cheeks are blood red, brown eyes, chestnut short hair falling on her shoulder and her perfect symmetrical face.

She wears an oversized t-shirt, that has butterflies and sparkles around the text 'WHAT IF IT ALL WORKS OUT', with denim shorts. She wears multiple earrings and rings.

Even in something so basic, she looks prettier than me on my best day. It's not just the outer beauty, it's the conviction in her eyes, the confidence in her body language.

I freeze, as I recognise her.

Rooh.

Roohani Arya.

Aadi's sister.

I was here to smooth things out between me and Aadi, after today morning. Daadi gave me an earful for throwing Sidya and him out of the house at 4:00 in the morning.

She made me text Sidya and take her out to a 'girl's date'. After my outing with Sidya, I realised it wasn't fair to Aadi, if, I still stay mad at him. So, I showed up to his office with home-baked sugar-free cookies and matching bracelets. I found the recipe for cookies on youtube and bought the bracelets when I was out with Sidya. I am gald that I left them in my car.

But now, I regret coming here. She looks intimidating and with the way she stares at me, I have a feeling she is going to be a tough nut to crack.

I am not mentally prepared to talk to her. To have an actual conversation with her. My eyes move towards Aadi, who is already staring at me. I watch as his eyes dart between me and his perfect little sister.

I follow his eyes, as he moves them towards Rooh. Her eyes are dark and cold. She is mysterious and breathtaking.

"Rooh!" Aadi mutters.

I bring my eyes back on him as he continues. "This is Vanie, my wife-to-be. And Vanie, this is Rooh, my little sister." I nod as I smile.

He turns back to Rooh. "Both of you are of equal importance to me, I would love to see you two interact and get along with each other." He says cryptically.

Of course, we will get along. I get along with everyone.

"Hey! It's so good to finally meet you." I walk towards the boss chair, as I extend my hand forward.

She shakes my hand back. "The pleasure is all mine. Finally, I will get to know the woman, who lured my brother into getting married." She says in her fancy British accent.

I stare at her. What does she mean lured? He was already convinced. He is the one who agreed to the arrangement first.

"Oh! Do you not know that my brother doesn't believe in love or the idea of marriage? For years, I have seen him push away women." She says, as her neck turns towards Aadi. Her tone completely condescending.

I frown.

Huh?

"People do not need a marriage certificate to bind them together, and as far as my belief of love is concerned, it's a facade. Love is selfish. People walk away, when love dies. I believe in things that are eternal, not something short lived."