THE WEDDING

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT. WISH THEM A HAPPY MARRIED LIFE💗

VANIE's POV

I close my eyes when a bunch of hands move in my direction in slow motion and start rubbing the turmeric paste all over my face, making me groan. I think some of the paste just went into my eyes. I bring my hand to my eyes trying to rub them and take off the excess of turmeric, when cold water splashes on me from top. I shriek when the chilly water hits my skin and my mouth hangs open. Rubbing my eyes, I look down at my condition.

My butter yellow saree is all ruined.

You were a good saree, you will be missed.

"You treacherous monsters!" I lunge forward trying to get some haldi from the bowl that is kept on the floor in front of me. I am not going to spare them. I grab a handful of paste in my palm and try to get up from the metal tub I am sitting in. Before I can straighten my posture, my foot slips and I am about to fall backwards when a strong arm wraps around my back, holds me still and nestles me between his chest.

I look up and find a pair of concerned eyes looking down at me. "Be careful," Aadi says.

I blink in shock.

How did he even get here?

He was sitting in the tub next to me, getting assaulted by people as they rubbed turmeric on him.

His clothes are drenched, just like mine. But unlike my yellow saree his white kurta is completely see through, giving me a perfect view of what's underneath. Remnants of turmeric cover the back of his ear, his moustache and neck. I bring my hand up, the one that has a little paste in it, and rub it all over his face.

"You be careful," I tell him.

The crowd starts hooting, whistling and cheering us up.

"You messed with the wrong man, Roses."

"Oh? Is that—." Before I can finish the sentence he picks me up bridal style and starts walking away from the tub.

Is not letting me walk his way of making me pay?

"Aadi, put me down?" I jiggle my legs in the air. "I have legs, I can walk by myself."

He doesn't reply. So, I push the palm of my hand into his chest. "Aadi!"

He ignores it.

I turn my head to find out where he is carrying me. My eyes fall on the blue liquid that is covered with petals. Swimming pool.

No!

He can't throw me in.

"Aadi, you can't."

He smirks, his eyes shining with victory.

I try to fist some of his drenched kurta in my hands, but it's plastered to his wet body. My survival instincts take over and I end up tightly wrapping my arms around his neck and hiding my face in the crook of his neck.

My heart jumps to my throat when his entire body shakes with force under me and the sound of splash fills the air.

He jumped in the water, with me in his arms.

The entire world goes silent. I open my eyes to look at him, but all I can see is the never ending dark blue around me. I flap my arms around, trying to find my way to the surface. A strong hand grips my bicep and pulls me out and finally the sounds become audible again. I pant.

He pulls me into his chest, wraps his arm around me and presses a kiss on my forehead. "I thought I should wash the haldi off your hands."

"You didn't have to throw me into the pool!" I hit his chest playfully.