THE ROSES

AADISH's POV

I just dropped her at school. And now I am headed to work. I had a terrible headache in the morning when I woke up at my usual time 4:00 AM and my first thought of the day was 'She must be asleep'.

I tried to get some exercise but didn't have it in me. So I ended up finally facing, Rooh. She was mad at me for several reasons. First and foremost, she found out about the engagement from the news. Secondly, I have been avoiding her since then. And when she found out that it was a business deal, she was furious.

I remember her exact words. "Bhai, you can get better business deals. But don't marry for something as stupid as this."

(Brother)

And in that exact moment the only thing my brain could think of was, her. "It's the most ideal deal." I had replied.

I head towards the lift, when Avinash stops me.

"The shipment." He says.
"What about it?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.
"It just passed the borders but there is something you should know."
"What?"
"We spotted a group of 7 men following it. They had a mark on their neck. It's the same mark." He says with concern in his voice.

I don't need to ask which mark he is talking about. Because I am well aware. It's the same mark that the bastard, Amit, who leaked our details to our rivals had. The same mark we have been trying to locate for months.

"Anything else?"
"Yes, we spotted two men with same mark snooping around our area." His jaw clenches.
"Where are they?"
"Garage." He says.

We both head outside. He takes the driver's seat, while I sit next to him. The garage is at 15 minutes ride from our office.

"What's going on with the girl?" He asks.
I know exactly who he is talking about but I act fool.
"Who?"
"Vanie Mehta. Still going to marry her?" He asks.
"Yes, our stocks have already started rising and I am not even married to her yet." I say.
"She is not like her family." He says.
"And somehow you are an expert on what she is like?" I say angrily.
"Yes, she is humble and kind. She helped my sister with her dyslexia. Hell, she even prepares special assignments for her." He says.
Then he turns towards me. "You don't deserve her. No one involved in secrets like ours does."

"And all of sudden you are concerned about her. Why?"
"She is the only teacher my sister talks to. If you were to break her heart, you would be breaking my little sister's too." He turns towards me with sadness in his eyes. "She has been through enough for her age. She is just a kid. She doesn't deserve getting caught in the crossfire." He continues.

He is protective of his step sister. She might not be related to him by blood but she is the only one he would shed his blood for apart from me.

"Don't worry. I have it under control." I say.
But do I have it under control?

I spend rest of the car ride thinking about today morning. The smile on her face.

I am brought out of my trance from the car's sudden stop.
"We have reached." Avinash says.
My jaw clenches. I get out of the car, take out my gun and head towards the room.
Two men sit on the chair, chained to it.
My men stand around them, hitting them in the face trying to make them confess.