THE NOT SO FAST

VANIE's POV

Sitting in the room alone with free internet access and a fully charged phone is never a good idea. Even if I choose to ignore all the messages and calls I have been receiving, how do I ignore the pictures and clips of the conference that are going viral?

Every other post on my feed is filled with random clips and snapshots from the conference. And when something is available on social media, it is accessible for people to comment and write whatever they want without any filter.

While some are using some pretty nasty words for him and calling him stupid for cancelling a deal like this, some are praising him for being a great fiance.

I am snapped out of my thoughts when the door knocks.

I swear to God if it's Ritvik again with his cheesy pickup line, I am going to lose my patience.

I walk towards the door and pull it open.

"What now?" I say without seeing who is on the other end of the door.

But the moment the door opens, I am caught off guard by the person in front of me.

It's Sidya.

Looking at her unfurls a whirlwind of emotions in my chest.

She always hated Aadi, could it be that she framed him?

Did she knowingly extract that video, so that she could prove a stupid point?

It's only when she raises her eyebrows at me that I realise I am clenching my jaws.

But I don't budge. I continue to stare. If she is expecting someone to break the silence, it won't be me.

"Can we talk?" She asks after a few seconds of silence.

She wasn't home when the news went live. It was just her family. None of them brought up Aadi or the conference. They have been acting like nothing happened, which I am honestly very grateful for.

I feel embarrassed for my actions and no matter how much her family feels more of a family to me than my own, I can never forget the mess I was in front of all of them, just because of a video.

A video she gave me, without doing proper research. She calls herself the greatest hacker, someone who can dig up years of dirt on you, just to make you pay. How did she not know that it was not the truth?

When I don't respond, she rolls her eyes at me and continues, "Okay I know what you are thinking, but let me at least explain."

"What? He lied? He is playing me? He is a monster?" I raise my eyebrow at her.

I really hope that she has a good explanation for what she did, because I can never imagine her jeopardising my relationship with the man I have dreamt of since I was a kid.

She takes a deep breath. "No. If anyone in this world deserves you as their wife, it's him," she says with a straight face, like she did not just praise the man, who a few months ago she thought didn't deserve me.

This was the last thing I expected to hear from her.

My features soften as I try to understand the reason for the sudden change of her heart.

But before I can say anything, she pushes the door open and enters the room.

"I should have never projected my beliefs on you." She turns around after taking a few steps.

"Yes, you shouldn't have. And I should have known better." I was there, I saw the man love me.

How could I doubt him?