THE TRUTH

AADISH's POV

I push myself off the ground and take one last look at her this closely. I don't want to walk away. The pull I feel towards her is like that of a metal to the magnet. But I have to. So I let out a trembling breath and step back towards the chair.

I sit back down in the chair before the door opens.

The door opens with a bang and I hear several footsteps walking towards me. I do not turn around to see them. After a few seconds a man comes and stands in front of me.

He is wearing a leather belt around his waist, and straight denim pants. I move my eyes up and I see the face of the man who had almost choked her on the road. My eyes almost protrude out of my eye sockets. I continue to glare at him.

"We meet again Mr. Arya." I clench my jaws at his teasing tone. He moves his fingers to his mouth and his other hand moves towards his waist, "I forgot to take an appointment...tsk..tsk.... Should I call your secretary now? Or wait outside your office? Or maybe I should just free your time by taking away something you love the most." Then he looks behind him, " oh! I already did that."

I don't say anything. He grabs another chair and pulls it forward. Then he moves around it and takes a seat. "I was so busy trying to hurt your business, thinking it was all that mattered to you," he pauses and shakes his head and then laughs manically. Moving his left hand forward he hits himself lightly on the forehead. "So stupid of me. A woman has always been the reason kingdoms go down. Of course it had to be your case too."

He turns around and takes a look at Roses. "Poor girl doesn't even know why she is here."

"What do you want?" I ask him.

"Well, a little late to ask that question." He bends forward and wipes the sweat droplets from my forehead. "Funny how the last time I saw you, you didn't even have a hair out of place and look at you now."

I have seen him before. And his voice...I remember it.

"Well both of us have changed vastly from the last time we saw each other." He falls back into his chair and passes me a smirk. "Last time I was begging you for something and today you will beg me for something."

"We have met before," I say, hoping that he will give me something that might help me remember him completely.

"Of course we have... and I don't expect you to remember me. That was exactly what I was counting on. Because had you remembered me, you would have spotted me in your engagement and connected the dots."

He shakes his head. "Seriously I thought it was just for the eyes, loving her. But then, you acted so out of character on the news for her."

His words remind of his malicious motives. He took her because he wanted to hurt me, because he wants to hurt me. It takes everything in me to keep my eyes focused on him, rather than the woman behind him.

"You said you will let her go," I say through gritted teeth.

"I will, once I get what I want."

"And what the fuck do you want?!" I shout. I watch him flinch at the decibels of my voice.

He gets up and holds a fistful of my hair in his fist and pulls my face up. "I wanted a fucking job. I wanted to learn from you. I wanted to be a part of your world." He bends down, "but you didn't let me, so I made it my life's mission to destroy your world."

And it all starts coming back to me. Job. Intern. His face. His prospects. Akhil, that's his name.

How could I forget it? Because I never thought it mattered.