THE LEAVING

AADISH's POV

My heart beats in my throat as I look at the closed door. I can hear her movements, but not her. She has been silent since she entered the room. It's scaring the living life out of me. What if she does something stupid? What if she accidentally hurts herself?

She was never meant to see that video. I said some real shitty things which I never meant. I was confused, scared and stupid. Watching her cry, breaking down and screaming made me sick to my stomach. I can never see her in pain and to know that I was the reason for her pain makes me hate my existence to the core.

I bang at the door again. Please just open up once. "Roses," I scream again.

No reply.

She has been silent since she entered that room. I press my ear to the wooden door, hoping to hear her. Please be okay, I beg.  A few minutes ago I heard the shattering of glass, but I guess she just broke something. At first the sound had crippled me with fear, but then when nothing else followed I relaxed a little. Her safety is my only concern right now.

I bang again.

After a few seconds, the voice of door knob twisting catches my attention. The door opens and she stands there. Her hair in a messy tight bun, eyes swollen, eyelashes wet. No colour in her cheeks, but her nose is red. Lips dried, and trembling. I step back, scared of her. I fear what she will do next. I look at her salmon pink t-shirt and white trousers. She changed.

Is she going somewhere?

And that's when my eyes fall on the suitcase behind her. My entire body jumps at the vision of her standing there with a suitcase packed to go. Chills run down my spine, she can't leave me like this.

I level my eyes with hers, only to see hurt, pain and tears in them. My heart breaks all over again looking at her look so vulnerable. I can't see my Roses in her. She looks....different....hurt.

"What are you doing?" I manage to ask.

I watch her trying to compose herself and failing miserably at it. She has always been the expresser, the one to bear her heart on her sleeves, the one to love with all her heart and I broke her.

She doesn't say a word. She pulls her bag in the front and tries to walk past me. But I step in her way. "Please Vanie, don't ignore me like this. Talk to me. Hear me out. What you believe is not the truth." I beg. It feels foreign to call her Vanie. She is my Roses. But I can't call her that, not after she reduced the name to a mockery. I can't hurt her again.

I watch the fire burn in her eyes, her face reddening. "Hear what, huh? Your lies. I heard what I needed to hear. You lied Aadi, you lied." She tries to dodge me but I don't let her.

"You are just gonna leave?" I ask.

She looks at me, her jaws clenched. "Please just talk to me. The video is old, I can explain everything I said in it. I didn't even mean any of those things," I beg while my hands and legs tremble with fear.

"And how can I believe any of our time together meant anything to you. You said all those words even though you didn't mean them, maybe you spent all these months with me without them even meaning something to you." Her voice breaks at the end. The tiny tremble in her voice sends a strong electric shock to my heart, making it ache harder.

She closes her eyes for a second and draws in weak breaths, while I stand there trying to figure out her next move, trying to figure out a way to make her stay. She needs to hear my side of the story. She can't walk out on us like this, not when the video is just half truth. I did say those terrible words, but I was a coward back then who was afraid of his own feelings, but not anymore. Now I am a man who knows that he can't spend even a second without knowing she is safe and his'. She is all I want and all I ever needed. She is the missing piece of my puzzle, without her I am incomplete and with her I am the entire universe. She is my entire universe.