THE JEALOUSY

AADISH's POV

She stands there frozen. One hand slowly rubbing her eye, while, her mouth hangs open.

Please! Please! Tell me you didn't hear anything.

I can hear my heartbeat in my ears. My limbs ice cold. My heart threatens to give up.

What am I going to do if she finds out?

She doesn't deserve another heartbreak, specially, not after she opened up to me.

I am going to kill Avinash.

"OMG!" She says in shock.

Shit!

"Where is your shirt, Aadi? And what are you kids furiously whispering about 6:00 in the morning?"

A sense of relief passes over me. She didn't hear.

I slump down on the couch and hold my head in my hands.

I fucking had a heart attack.

"Are you okay? You are looking white as ghost." She says while moving closer to me.

"Some 'unnecessary' health issues." Avinash replies with an evil smirk on his face and then he turns towards me.

"Right, Aadi?"

I glare at him.

"We were just discussing work. Did we wake you up?" I ask indirectly
"No, you guys were whispering. I didn't hear you until I came into the living room. When Avinash noticed me and stopped abruptly." She accuses Avinash.

"Yeah, well we were just discussing work. And you walking out from his house was a surprise for me." He lies.

Realisation falls over her.

"Oh! I-." She looks around at me to say something.

But my body is still in shock. I can barely feel my limbs.

"Umm- it was raining. We—um— wewereinseparaterooms." She hurries the sentence while her cheeks turn red.

"What?" Avinash asks.

"No, like if you were thinking." She points fingers at herself and me. "Something happened. We were in separate rooms." She says while fidgeting with her fingers.

"God! Please stop me from talking." She tells me.

I nod.

She is nervous.

"It was raining. It would have been riskier, if, we drove to her place." I tell Avinash, even though, the asshole already knows.

He nods.

"Why don't you freshen up? Then, I can drive you to your place." I tell her.

She nods and rushes towards her room.

As soon as she is gone. I get up and move towards Avinash.