THE RECONCILIATION

*MAKE SURE TO CHECK MY MESSAGE BOARD AFTER THIS*

AADISH's POV

Facebook, X, Instagram, every social media app is blowing up with the notifications of me calling off the deal. It's only been like, what? 45 minutes since Shefali made a call for a press conference, and they already have all the theories on why I am calling off the deal. Most of them linked it back to my relationship with Vanie, they think we are having troubles. They are right, but I am not calling off the deal to call off the wedding, as they have interpreted it to be, but I am calling off the deal so that I can rescue my relationship with the woman I wholeheartedly love and adore.

My father has called me like 50 times in the last thirty minutes, but I haven't bothered answering any of his calls. I have a feeling he will already be there when I reach. Rooh and my mother flew back to London soon after our engagement, hence they have been blowing up my phone with numerous messages and calls. I haven't answered any of them. I focus on the screen and try to tune out Avinash's silent disapproval of my actions. I read every bizarre and disturbing comment, headline and theory they have about this deal and my relationship with Vanie.

Media should never be trusted with information, because they are known to make a mountain out of a small mole hill. Some of the gossips columns have stooped low enough to write that a man like me would have never worked with a woman like Vanie and that it was only a matter of time before one of us called it quits and ran for the hills.

I am startled when the flash of cameras blinds me out of the blue through the window of my car. I raise my head to find a group of grown men surrounding the car like a swarm of bees, with cameras in their hands. Paparazzi. They run after our car with their inaudible questions and requests.

Avinash gives me an annoyed look. "Told you that you were setting a trap for yourself by inviting them. There were other ways, you know that, right?" He lifts the corner of his mouth up.

I glare at him. I am done with him telling me what I should have done instead. I did what I felt was right. The car comes to a halt and both of us move forward due to the inertia. The guards step forward, pushing the Paps away and making space for us.

They hold our doors open and the snapping of cameras, along with questions and comments go crazy. All of them shout at top of their voices trying to get our attention, but we keep our head low and walk straight into the building. All our employees freeze as soon as they watch us enter the building. The room goes pin drop silence as all of them stare at us. Their questioning gazes follow our movements, like they can rip the answers off us.

A 5 '3 girl with her hair pulled up in a ponytail, holding a notepad in one hand and a phone in the other runs towards me. "You are finally here," she huffs. "It's really hard to keep all of them in a room," she says breathlessly. "They are crazy people. They have been interrogating me since they arrived here, please take them off my back." She bends forward and presses the palm of her hand on her knees as she struggles to catch her breath.

I know how hard handling media can be. "I will take over from here, just make sure everything else is ready," I tell her.

She straightens herself, takes in a few deep breaths and then nods. The three of us step into the elevator. "Oh and your father is waiting for you in his office. He said that he wanted to see you immediately," she stresses on immediately. Lowering her vision she continues, "before the conference."

"Tell him to wait." I know why he wants to see me, but it can wait. I have to call off the deal, there is no way I am meeting him before doing so. My father can be very persuasive and I know that he will do everything in his power to convince me to not call off the deal.