THE DATE

कुछ दिन से मुझे तेरी आदत हो गयी है
कुछ दिन से मेरी तू ज़रुरत हो गयी है|

VANIE's POV

It's Wednesday today, and I have tried my best to stay calm. But nothing seems to work in my favour. I can barely focus on re-enacting the plays for my students. I have been too overwhelmed.

He hasn't messaged me, nor called me.

But he is the first one to view all my stories.

I have been trying to justify that he is busy, but, then how can he have time to be on Instagram.

Maybe Sidi was right.

I have been at crossroads since our last meeting. My mother has been pestering me for details.
I am glad, Swastik, isn't back from Thailand yet, else, it would have just complicated the situation. At least, now, it's about how 'I am not doing a good job impressing him'. If he would be here, it would have become battle of social interactions. 'How he is better than me at talking to people, knowing what to say and not scaring people away with nonsense rambles'."

The only source of communication between him and me, apart from my instagram stories, is his secretary, Shefali. She texted me our this month's plan of dates and according to it he is supposed to be picking me up from school today.

I have had two days to prepare myself for today. I have list of questions that I need to get answers to today. Yet, as I walk down the corridor, towards the school gate, my legs tremble. I am nervous and scared. I am not ready to come out of my bubble yet.

Is it possible that I made everything up in my head? Yes
Is it possible that he was just being respectful? Yes.
Am I overthinking? Hell! Yes.

I take a deep breath as I see his car parked under the tree. I walk towards him. He steps out of his G-Wagon and holds the door for me. Just like that, with a very small action, the butterflies in my stomach are back.

I sit inside the car and as I turn towards the driving seat, I see a starbucks in a cup holder.

Is it mean that he didn't buy me one? Yes
Am I going to justify it because I am madly in love with him? Yes

He sits in the car.
"You know it looks just like my favourite drink." I say.

"Because it is your drink." He replies.
"Oh! We have similar taste then." I say all confused.
"I don't drink sugar, Roses." He says.

"Huh!" I say in surprise.

"For someone who teaches english, you have quite hard time comprehending it." He says.

I look at the cup and I pick it up and read the order from slip. It's exactly the drink I order.
A huge smile pulls up on my face and I look around, him already staring at me.

"How did you know?" I ask.
"You share all your life on Instagram, Roses. It wasn't hard to find."
I smile, trying to remember when exactly did I share my order on Instagram.
"I don't remember posting it." I say
"You did." He takes out his phone and shows it to me.