THE BLAME GAME

VANIE's POV

My body's temperature drops as I watch him slowly struggle in my arms. But, I am not letting him go. Not until he knows, how much I love him.

"Since, I first met you, when you were nothing but a teenager. I loved you so much that..."

"Stop, Vanie!" He screams in my face.

My heart drops to the pit of my stomach. The epinephrine in my veins making it harder to focus, as a spark of shock runs through my veins. The only sound I can hear is of my own heart in my ears, as the surroundings blur to silence.

I watch as he trembles in my arms. "Let go of me." He whispers trying to hide his emotions as he closes his eyes, bottling his rage.

My hands flex as I let go of him. Never did I think, that the word, that would bring me the most pain, would be my own name.

I was his Roses.

I watch as he gets up, his hands tremble as he pinches the bridge of his nose.

"I don't fucking do love." He shakes his head, his eyes focused on the ground. "It won't work, if you want love. This was a fucking bad idea. I fucking knew it."

I wince at him cursing like this.

My eyes water, as I stare at him acting so distant, like he didn't just confess loving me indirectly. Was all that just a facade? Did he not mean any of it?

He is going to break you, and it won't be just your heart, Sidya's words echo in my brain.

I can feel my throat tightening as I try holding in the tears.

Do not cry Vanie. I tell myself.

This isn't my first time getting rejected, and probably from my luck, it won't be the last. My parents didn't love me, my brother hates me.

I clench my jaws, as I try pushing the tears back, my eyes burn. I can feel my heart pounding. Of all the people, I never thought Aadi would hurt me like this.

He turns around. His eyes meet mine. The cold, icy stare of his black orbs shoot daggers through my heart. I laugh at my destiny. I thought universe was making things fall in place, well, guess what? I was the one falling for universe's trap.

"I-I.." I watch as he struggles with completing his sentence. I push myself off the ground, as I try forcing a smile on my lips. There is no way I am crying or breaking down in front of a man, who didn't think twice before speaking. This won't work, he had said.

"Could you please drop me home? Or should I....just order a cab? I think I am calling a cab, better option." I pick my bag up, as I frantically try finding my phone.

Stupid, stupid phone. Rubber band, half eaten chocolate, pens and all useless things interrupt my search for the phone.

My hand stops, as a firm strong hand holds my wrist. I am not looking up. I can barely keep myself together and I know if I even take a look at his face I will burst into tears. I had seen the warmth in his eyes, and I can't look into them knowing that the warmth is long gone.

The Unnecessary AllianceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara