Chapter 28

This is purely a Fanfic and I don't own WMMAP or its Characters

At the Palace

Ria POV
"Could you please bring me the latest designs? I'm thinking of something with frills and flowers," I requested. Athy chimed in, "Sister, I think I've had enough for today. Let's take a break." But before she could finish, Mom interrupted, "Ria, what do you think about this style? It could also look good on her." The conversation continued, and then there was a knock at the door. "Your Majesty, the young lady you were expecting has arrived," the maid announced. "Aunty, I heard you needed me," Jen said as she entered the room and quickly understood the situation. "Come in, Jen dear. I have some trial outfits ready for you," Mom said. "Yes, Jen, come over here. You should try this dress on," I pointed out. Athy playfully added, "Welcome, Comrade," making Jen nervously reply, "We do have some time until the debut, so—" Mom interjected, "Oh, Jen dear, it's debut season, and things are going to get busy. Let's start now. Don't just stand there; go ahead and try on the outfits." Jen hesitated a bit and then admitted defeat  "Then mom I will leave the rest to you." I said leaving for the next misssion.

General POV

The study

"Did you know, Claude, my daughter asked me to be her partner for the ball," Anastacius said proudly. Claude replied without looking up from the documents, "Are you here just to brag? It's not a big deal; both my daughters also asked me to be their partners."

Anastacius teased, "Wow, you're so mean and cold. Your brother feels sad, you know~"

"I don't care. Don't you have any other responsibilities in your dukedom? Are you going to follow your daughter everywhere?" Claude asked, his annoyance evident.

"Coming from you, that's rich. Should I remind you of the time you went to spy on your daughter in Arlanta?" retorted Anastacius.

"I was merely checking on my daughter's well-being. I was worried about how she was faring in such a distant place," Claude justified his actions.

"Yes, yes, I understand your concerns. But, Claude, I'm serious when I say that Ria is full of surprises. And the one she sprung on us there, I never saw it coming, believe me," Anastacius said earnestly.

"Your Majesty, I also agree with the Duke. I didn't anticipate seeing the princess like that. I thought we could surprise her, but she surprised us instead," added Felix, showing his agreement.

"It was more of a shock than a surprise to me," Claude recalled, still taken aback by the event.

The Event-In the Academy

"Claude, are you sure you want to visit your daughter informally?" Anastacius inquired.

"Yes, I want to check on how she's doing," responded Claude.

"Don't bother trying to dissuade him, Duke. He's set on this," Felix added, resigned.

"But should we disguise ourselves?" Anastacius wondered, perplexed. "I don't want any unnecessary attention. I just want to see my daughter."

"We should ask someone for directions," suggested Felix, looking around.

"I found someone," Anastacius said, spotting a girl and approaching her. "Excuse me, young lady, would you be willing to show us the way to the dorms?" he asked, extending his hand in greeting.

Blushing, the girl responded, "Yes, I can. Follow me."

"Thank you, my dear," Anastacius replied with a wink.