Confrontation

This is purely a Fanfic and I don't own WMMAP or its Characters

General POV

As the first princess immersed herself in catalogs for the ball outfits, her uncle inquired, "Ria, who are you taking to the ball?"

"Why, Uncle, do you have someone in mind?" she responded without looking up.

"Oh, you don't need my help. If word spreads that you're searching for an escort, I'm sure there'll be a line of interested people," he joked.

"Very funny, Uncle," she replied.

"But I thought you had someone in mind, like..." he trailed off.

"Like who, Uncle?" she asked, unfazed.

"Like the magician boy," he said, smirking.

"What? Are you going with him to the ball, Ria?" asked a concerned Claude.

"Lucas?" she asked in surprise.

"Yes, yes," her uncle confirmed.

"Please prepare this one and this one, and ensure they coordinate with my sisters' outfits. And for Felix, match his attire with this dress," she instructed the designers. They nodded and left.

"Are you going to ignore your uncle's suggestions, Ria?" Anastacius asked.

"Uncle, you're not serious, and it's not a big deal. I already have a partner," she assured him.

"You do? Who?" he inquired.

"You'll see on the day. I have some work to do; please excuse me," she said, leaving the room, leaving the three men puzzled.

"I was sure it was that magician boy. Claude, Felix, any idea who her partner might be?" Anastacius asked, curious.

"I don't know," said Claude, clearly irritated.

"I'm sorry, sir, but I don't know either," added Felix.

"Whoever it is, they're clearly close to her," teased Anastacius, making Claude snap, "Shut up."

Knock-knock

"Your Majesty, the Empress wishes to meet you," said the soldier outside.

"Sure, let her in," Claude replied.

"Have you finished selecting already?" Diana asked as she entered.

"Yes, Ria assisted us," Claude replied.

"Empress, do you know who Ria's partner is?" Anastacius asked, curious.

"Ria's partner?" Diana asked, confused.

"He means her escort to the ball. Do you know, Diana?" Claude clarified.

"I guessed it might be the magician boy, but she didn't confirm it," Anastacius said, defeated.

"It's fine if you don't know, Diana," Claude reassured her.

"Oh, but I do know," Diana said cryptically. "Who is it?" Claude asked eagerly.

"Oh my, look at the time. You'll have to excuse me; I have some work to do," Diana said with a smile, leaving the room, leaving the men bemused.

"Now I know where Ria gets her cheekiness from," teased Anastacius.

On the day of the ball
Outside the princess palace

Claude complimented Athy, "You look beautiful, my daughter."

"Thank you, Dad," Athy replied with a bright smile. "Oh, where is Mom?" she asked.

"Oh, she told us to go first. She will follow us soon. Don't worry, Athy, you have your dad with you," Claude reassured, cheering his daughter.