THE STREET RAPPER - SUMIN °

~~~~~~~~♡

I stuff my hands into my pockets, walking down the sidewalk as I just left school. I sigh happily, watching the scenery before me; the birds were chirping, the colorful flowers swaying in the light heat. The clouds looked like big balls of cotton candy.

"Brrrr~ Grrr-yo! Skkr!"

My eyebrows furrow as I adjust my glasses, following the sound. A boy sits there with a cap on the ground, filled with various quarters and nickels. He raps a verse, attracting a small crowd.

I smile softly, nodding my head with the rhythm as I step towards him, digging into my pocket to find my lucky quarter and throwing it into his cap.

The boy stopped for a second, looking up and giving me a bright smile. I smile back, an unfamiliar knot in my stomach forming. Turning my legs, I walk away, replaying the moment in my head as I head home.

~~~~♡

My paintcan falls to the floor as I carefully finish my landscape, wiping some of the sweat and paint from my brows. I breathe in deeply, laying on my chair as I look around, finally realizing that my paintcan had fallen on the ground.

I pick it up and grab a piece of paper, writing down a few things I would need from the store. And yet another paintcan.

Grabbing my bag, wallet, and phone, I bolt out the door, walking to a local convenience store.

The bells jangle as I step inside the store, bowing at some of the employees as I make my way to the arts and crafts section. I grab some cans of paint and brushes, quietly cursing myself for not getting a basket.

I walk back to the entrance with my hands filled with stuff as I could not see where I was going. "Ahh!!" Someone yells as my things fall down on the poor latter. "Oh my, I'm so sorry!" I panick, quickly helping the person up.

"No it's my fault," a deep voice fills my ears, which I later identify as a boy's voice. I look up, my eyes widen as I realize its the boy from earlier. He waves his hands, smiling brightly as his eyes shrink. "Hey your that girl from earlier.." he points at me, snapping me out of my trance. "Yeah.." I smile shyly, scratching my neck as I look down.

"Thanks for the quarter.." he smiles fiddling with it in his pocket before looking down at the mess. "Oh shoot.. let me help you with that." He drops of his knees, stacking it carefully as I help him. "Wait I'll go get a basket." I say before quickly running.

Coming back, he puts my things into the basket, lifting it up with ease. "Painting huh?" He asks, looking at my things before looking at me. "Yeah it's a small hobby I have." I smile. "Isnt that too heavy?" I ask, pointing to the two big cans of paint. The boy shakes his head. "This would actually be perfect for working out." He jokes, making me laugh.

Engaging in the small conversation, I lead the boy to the checkout center. "Hey I dont think I ever got your name." I say, laughing at the joke he made before. "Oh yeah! Sorry I forgot!" He laughs, scratching his neck. "Its sumin." He smiles. I smile back, telling him my name as I pay for my supplies, secretly grabbing a bag of chips.

We walk out of the store with a comfortable silence, the wind lightly swaying our hair in the moonlight. Sumin smiles softly, stuffing his hands into his pockets as he turns to me. "I like you." He says suddenly, nodding to himself quietly. "Me too." I say, reaching into my bag and handing him the chips.

"Wahh you didnt have to do this!" He laughs, taking the chips and opening the bag, offering me one. "Hey I had to repay you somehow!" I playfully hit his shoulder, taking the chip he offered me. A big goofy grin appears on his face as he bites into another chip, laughing along with me.

A/n: I actually did not like writing this at first but after changing up a few things it was so much fun!!
I wouldn't been able to finish this imagine if it weren't for my bestest friend <3

725 words